Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Keeping track of strikers

Started by wvmntnhick, February 28, 2016, 09:01:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wvmntnhick

Put it on the general forum as well but figured I'd ask here too. Anyone have a way of keeping their strikers with their vest? Mine want to fall out when I sit down and stand up. They get pushed up out of the vertical holders. It's a bit upsetting at times as I've lost a few over the years. The ones I've got now are much better strikers and I'd rather not lose them. Any tips?

hookedspur

Get Snapper to make you one of his totes    He has one that has a call
or striker lanyard built right into it
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

anthonyjhallen

I wear a SE III which has a larger striker pocket. I use an old military boot blousing strap to keep them all together and from making too much noise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wvmntnhick

Man I hear a pile of guys loving those SE III vests. I've never had one. Pretty much had my Primos vest since I started trying to take a half hearted attempt at this game and every year the fire burns greater. Maybe someday I'll switch but not at the moment. Still wearing this one out.

anthonyjhallen

Quote from: wvmntnhick on February 28, 2016, 01:57:33 PM
Man I hear a pile of guys loving those SE III vests. I've never had one. Pretty much had my Primos vest since I started trying to take a half hearted attempt at this game and every year the fire burns greater. Maybe someday I'll switch but not at the moment. Still wearing this one out.

They (SE III) have their ups and downs.

One of these days I am going to make the ultimate turkey vest. I have had the plans rolling around in my head for years.

hookedspur

I like my SE3 but it needs a couple more pockets for pots two is not enough,I
Carry 4 pots.
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

anthonyjhallen

Quote from: hookedspur on February 28, 2016, 09:58:15 PM
Carry 4 pots.

This is exactly where I was going with my vest design ideas. Modular custom configuration.

wvmntnhick

Quote from: anthonyjhallen on February 28, 2016, 09:16:18 PM
Quote from: wvmntnhick on February 28, 2016, 01:57:33 PM

They (SE III) have their ups and downs.

One of these days I am going to make the ultimate turkey vest. I have had the plans rolling around in my head for years.

When you do, make 2 of them. I'll beta test the other for you. Lol

wvmntnhick

Quote from: hookedspur on February 28, 2016, 09:58:15 PM
Carry 4 pots.
Mine has two pockets for pot calls as well but it was designed with the Primos freak calls that were thicker and could be attached to the callers leg while playing. This makes it easy to fit two in each pocket. So far, I'm loving my vest. Just always think grass is greener...