Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Anybody else?

Started by Roost 1, February 27, 2016, 09:30:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roost 1

Rolled up 96 rounds of the Big 20XL last night. Any of y'all using TSS?

snapper1982

Hookedspur and myself use it in 20 and 12.

GobbleNut

I have tried it the last couple of years.  Definitely made a difference for me in terms of killing power, but since I don't roll my own, the shells are pretty expensive.  I'm not into long-range turkey shooting, but it sure is nice to know that you can reach out and touch them a little further if the need arises.  I hate wasting one of them on a gobbler that is 20-30 yards away, though.

anthonyjhallen

I have never shot any TSS but I did shoot those custom nitros for several years.

Last year I tried those long beard XRs and will not be shooting anything else for awhile as I hoarded every box I could find.  That resin they pour the shot in works really well and they are pretty inexpensive to boot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hookedspur

Yes like Snapper said We do

20 ga

12 ga
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

wvmntnhick

Man id love to try them but not real sure what to do once I'd get it. Is the reloading equipment any different? I'd heard that it can't be loaded with conventional tools for lead and that's all I possess. The shot is super expensive too. Almost think I'd want to go over the bird with a metal detector to reclaim what I could.

hookedspur

Quote from: wvmntnhick on February 27, 2016, 07:41:35 PM
Man id love to try them but not real sure what to do once I'd get it. Is the reloading equipment any different? I'd heard that it can't be loaded with conventional tools for lead and that's all I possess. The shot is super expensive too. Almost think I'd want to go over the bird with a metal detector to reclaim what I could.

Wouldn't find many ,just about all pass through.
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions