OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Gettin a new Turkey Gun!  (Read 7701 times)

Offline Smooth_Operator

• The Boss Gobbler
Re: Gettin a new Turkey Gun!
« Reply #15 on: February 29, 2016, 09:25:38 PM »

Thanks! NOW to find some good shells...

Sweet looking rig there buddy  :happy0064:

Roll your own TSS.

I'm assuming you roll your own loads? I've been thinking about doing this for a few years now but have never made the commitment. I load my own rifle and pistol rounds and from what I've read loading TSS is easier than loading other those.  I may need to pick your brain in the very near future if you'd be willing to help...

Nothing to it

Sent from the Strut Zone

Yeah? How long ya been loading TSS? Definitely is interesting to read up on...I've got a pile of Nitros I'm trying to shoot up before I give it a go...

"The woods are lovely, dark and deep,  
But I have promises to keep,  
And miles to go before I sleep,  
And miles to go before I sleep."

Offline Gobble!

• Long Spur Gobbler
  • Raptor Killer
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2016, 07:56:38 AM »

Thanks! NOW to find some good shells...

Sweet looking rig there buddy  :happy0064:

Roll your own TSS.

I'm assuming you roll your own loads? I've been thinking about doing this for a few years now but have never made the commitment. I load my own rifle and pistol rounds and from what I've read loading TSS is easier than loading other those.  I may need to pick your brain in the very near future if you'd be willing to help...

Nothing to it

Sent from the Strut Zone

Yeah? How long ya been loading TSS? Definitely is interesting to read up on...I've got a pile of Nitros I'm trying to shoot up before I give it a go...

Yes. Started the end of last turkey season. I use a drill press and once I figured out what speed its very easy to do. The time it takes to measure the components is the hardest/most time consuming step but it is easy. I got tired of Hevi13 shells inconsistency then had some quality issues with Nitro and decided it was time after talking to Hal about it since 2013.

Offline Roughneck

« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2016, 09:31:45 PM »
You will love it bought one last year shoots good. Heavy 7s is the ticket . Only thing I would do is have the trigger worked on to make the pull lighter other than that it's a killer gun. I have it as back up gun incase my m2 goes down. Congrats on the gun

Offline chatterbox

• Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2016, 05:35:59 PM »
Nice gun, Kev!
I just joined the ranks of 20 gaugers!
Shoot the Federal Heviweight 3-1.5-7's. You will never look back!
I got 152 in the 10" at 40 when I sighted in my Mossberg 20 ga turkey thug.
I shoot the .550 SSX out of my gun, but I would take ccleroy's advice. He has the same gun as you do.
Good luck! :icon_thumright: