Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

New strikers

Started by wmn2, February 25, 2016, 04:23:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hunter1979

Out of the crystal calls, I believe the Crystal Mistress is my favorite...this week.  I just like the sound.  I will say that the Vision and Crystal Screamer both have their own unique sound and they all have things I like about them.  I like Lonnie Sneeds slate call.  So easy to play, it runs every type of call you can muster with ease.  Glass is tough.  I have glass/glass, glass/slate, glass/zebrawood...right now the MAC and Schaffer no name are my top two.  I'm not sure which one is my favorite at the moment.  By the time I try to narrow down strikers with calls, I talk myself in and out of a lot of different calls.  All I know is, I better take a lot of people out hunting this year to give them all a try!!

kdsberman

Very nice looking collection Hunter1979

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wmn2

Got my box call in the mail today from mike at spring creek. Beautiful call. Sounds amazing and man is it loud. Going to be perfect to reach out to them with. I'll post pictures in a little while. My phone isn't letting me for some reason.

wmn2

wmn2

wmn2

Hunter1979

That's a good looking call!

Gumby

jepcho

Nice box call! I love spring creek boxes

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

357MAGNOLE

Just ordered a Spring Creek short box Jatoba over Maple. Hope I like the box calls.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."--Thomas Jefferson

wmn2

Let me know how you like it. I've been working with mine the past few days and really liking it. Cutting on it is great. I need to work on yelps a little more and I can't get a purr out of it to save my life. Just need more practice.

jepcho

Quote from: 357MAGNOLE on March 14, 2016, 04:23:42 PM
Just ordered a Spring Creek short box Jatoba over Maple. Hope I like the box calls.
I believe that you'll love it.

Hunter1979

I just received one of Sinclair's $30 snakewood strikers.  I can see why they sell out so quickly. I love it.  I think it can easily replace most of my strikers.  It plays easily on any surface. I'm thinking that, a carbon striker, and something soft like black locust might be all I go out with this season!  I'm going to play around with it some more, but so far, so great!

wmn2

That's awesome. Snakewood is going to be next on my list of strikers.

357MAGNOLE

I feel like if I am spending $30+ on a striker, I need to get one with some fancy ivory or gold inlay lol.  I am somewhat afraid to try it.

The one piece persimmon striker I got from Del Crow is awesome. I sold my Halloran persimmon after playing with it for a bit.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."--Thomas Jefferson