OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: New strikers  (Read 12752 times)

Offline 357MAGNOLE

• The Boss Gobbler
Re: New strikers
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2016, 01:09:19 AM »
Sounds decent man! No worries not many folks can play perfectly
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."--Thomas Jefferson

Offline wmn2

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2016, 04:57:07 PM »
Thanks i appreciate it. Been practicing every day. Mouth call practice on my way to work each day too for when they get close. Less than a month now and I can't wait.

Offline 357MAGNOLE

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2016, 01:03:38 AM »
http://youtu.be/f6B3m6nGWOo

Hahaha I feel embarrassed posting this but here y'all go!
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."--Thomas Jefferson

Offline wmn2

• The Boss Gobbler
New strikers
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2016, 05:58:33 PM »
Sounds good to me. Can't get better without some constructive criticism or some atta boys from us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline 357MAGNOLE

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2016, 09:00:06 PM »
Yeah I hear that. I need to learn the language more. It would help to have a sit down with someone local that knows their stuff.

Offline wmn2

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2016, 09:32:30 PM »
I feel the same way. There's a guy at church that i know kills birds every year that I'm going to ask to give me a few calling pointers.

Offline wmn2

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2016, 11:30:46 PM »
Also, I got another call....it's the last one for a while I swear! lol. I got a spring creek box call. Leopardwood over curly maple short box. Should be getting it in the next few days. I've been wanting to pick up a box call for a little while now and didn't want to settle for anything that wasn't custom. i saw the call posted in the classifieds and fell in love with the leopardwood top and had Mike send me a sound file and bought it about 5 minutes after hearing the file. Can't wait to get it in the mail.

Offline jepcho

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2016, 12:20:01 PM »
You are gonna love your spring creek box call!  I bought mine before last season and I love it!  I called in around 9 or 10 birds from over 500 yards away with it just last season.  I've only done that a handful of times in my whole turkey career before that. 

I thought I'd post my call arsenal I'll be hunting with this year as well.  The spring creek box on the top is the only one that isn't new for this season.  Below that is my trough call I bought here on old gobbler from Scott's custom turkey calls and my spring creek scratch box. The pot calls are a Yingling copper pot, pecker wrecker glass, and a Lonnie Sneed hot hen slate.  I'm getting ready to order some more Hook's mouth calls today and I will "probably" be done ordering calls till after season.  I still have licenses and ammo to buy.  But I cant wait to add more calls to this collection.

Offline 357MAGNOLE

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2016, 12:35:53 PM »
How's the trough call? How does it play? Never seen one

Offline jepcho

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2016, 01:55:49 PM »
How's the trough call? How does it play? Never seen one
I was honestly just expecting it to be a cluck and purr type call but was blown away at how good it sounds. It's one of my favorite calls, plays easy and sounds amazing, especially with his purple heart striker. I highly recommend one

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Offline wmn2

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2016, 05:59:09 PM »
I'll post all my calls once I get my box call. Should be tuesday. Looks like your set up for anything with your calls John. I"m really looking forward to getting the box call for sure. i need to get a new owl hooter. Dropped mine on the concrete floor of the garage today and it shattered..

Offline Hunter1979

New strikers
« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2016, 09:18:06 PM »
Still deciding on the jatoba or tulipwood strikers.
Here's my collection so far:

Offline jepcho

• The Boss Gobbler
New strikers
« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2016, 09:23:39 PM »
That's an awesome collection man! Impressive

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Offline 357MAGNOLE

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2016, 10:07:31 PM »
Damn son! What's your top 3 favorites?

Offline wmn2

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2016, 10:30:37 PM »
I think 357 and I have some catching up to do! I like that copper that is dyed.