OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Latex suppliers

Started by AnotherPAboy, February 23, 2016, 04:37:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnotherPAboy

I have been making some calls and have noticed about after an hour of use the black .003 from pioneer seem to sag and go dead. I just ordered some green and natural(not premium) in .003 from pioneer. I'm hoping it was just a bad batch. As far as the other suppliers... Do they get their latex from the same latex supplier? If these other colors from pioneer do the same thing as the black, I want to make sure I'm not ordering the same latex from a different supplier. I want to make it to some calling contests soon so I'm hoping to get this figured out. Any and all help is appreciated.

GobbleNut

This problem has been mentioned here in the recent past.  Hopefully, the suppliers are taking note and are looking into solving this issue.  Hate to see a bunch of us making calls that will not hold tension. 

Lonehowl

Right now, do not buy anything marked premium, at least to use as bottom reeds. You may be ok using it for top reeds, but youll have to decide that for yourself. That stuff will not hold up, it gets wet and sags and loses tension. It is not he frame or adhesive, it is the latex. Pioneer is aware of it and I believe they are currently replacing it all.
There is a LOT of calls out there for sale using this latex, and they will not hold up for more than a few minutes.
I could be all wrong though?
Mark

AnotherPAboy

But are all the suppliers getting latex from the same latex company?

perrytrails

I too had this issue, call would just loose tension and go flat. .004 premium latex.

I emailed Ron at Pioneer and it was taken care of.
Great customer service on his end.

TRKYHTR

Mitchell Johnston and Lyle Gilbert has good latex.

Joe
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

Gooserbat

Mitchell has some good stuff. 
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

vt35mag

Quote from: Lonehowl on February 23, 2016, 06:46:09 PM
Right now, do not buy anything marked premium, at least to use as bottom reeds. You may be ok using it for top reeds, but youll have to decide that for yourself. That stuff will not hold up, it gets wet and sags and loses tension. It is not he frame or adhesive, it is the latex. Pioneer is aware of it and I believe they are currently replacing it all.
There is a LOT of calls out there for sale using this latex, and they will not hold up for more than a few minutes.
I could be all wrong though?
Mark

I have a bunch of the premium and it is junk...  Might as well have put that cash in a pile and set it on fire.

Lonehowl

Contact Ron at Pioneer and he will probably take care of it.
Mark