Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

This morning in my neighbors front yard

Started by trkehunr93, March 03, 2016, 07:42:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trkehunr93

Looked out the kitchen window and saw this.  Couldn't get any closer than 100 yards so the videos not the best but thought I would share it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dirt road ninja

davisd9

That surely will not make the wait any better. In some ways I am jealous and in others I am not!

Sent from the Strut Zone
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

trkehunr93

Monday morning he was closer to my house but by himself so I grabbed my youngest son and we crept out the basement door and stood on the steps and watched him try to figure out how to hop the fence.  Grabbed my wingbone and started calling and within a minute he started strutting and gobbled once.  Jamison thought it was cool.  It is neat for my kids to get to see the wildlife within city limits but it's frustrating, especially once the season comes in, to hear them gobble and see them strutting on a day when you didn't hear anything where you hunted.  Next time i see him i'm going to creep out in the yard with a deke to see what he does.

cramerhunts

Pretty cool stuff right there! Not sure if you know or not but if you turn your phone on it's side instead of straight up and down while filming you will get your video to upload in full screen.

trkehunr93

Quote from: cramerhunts on March 03, 2016, 12:18:17 PM
Pretty cool stuff right there! Not sure if you know or not but if you turn your phone on it's side instead of straight up and down while filming you will get your video to upload in full screen.

I did not, thanks for the tip