OldGobbler

OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

870 SuperMag pattern pics 3 1/2" LB Mags..

Started by wytrat785, February 20, 2016, 08:30:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wytrat785

Gun: 870 SM w/23" barrel
Weather: Sunny upper 60s with no wind
Still have yet to try these with Hevi-Shot .662 choke. Not sure what happened to the pic of the 20yd shot with .660 Carlson choke but it was a nice even pattern that wasn't too tight. I also shot some triple beards and some heavy #5 3 1/2" LBs I'll post up later.

Carlson .660 Longbeard choke, 40yds, 3 1/2" 2 1/8oz #5s, pellet count #210

Indian Creek .665
[URL=http://s1084.photobucket.com/user/Delaney37/media/20yards.jpg.html]

Indian Creek .665

Roost 1

wytrat785

Quote from: Roost 1 on February 20, 2016, 09:19:58 PM
Try a JEBS .655..

Yeah definitely have the Jebs chokes on my radar for this particular load. I bought just a couple of boxes of this ammo to try out with some of the chokes I already have. I bought a case of 3 1/2" #5 2oz longbeards last year but I'm always willing to try out new loads to see if I can better my patterns.

Philippe

Stick a JH .660 or .665, or a SSX in there.

reflexl

I have been getting tremendous patterns with a undertaker and the 3.5-2-6 Longbeards. I shot some of the XX 3.5-2-6 in it and it was sort of mediocre but with the Longbeards it is very good.

wytrat785

Thank you guys for all the choke suggestions. I still have to shoot these magnum loads with the Hevi-Shot .662 choke I have but all of your suggestions go into my notebook for other possibilities to try out. I'm always looking to better my patterns when time and weather allow me to test them. All suggestions are greatly appreciated and noted. Thanks!

lowoctane

Quote from: reflexl on March 02, 2016, 08:29:50 PM
I have been getting tremendous patterns with a undertaker and the 3.5-2-6 Longbeards. I shot some of the XX 3.5-2-6 in it and it was sort of mediocre but with the Longbeards it is very good.

:morning:
Tremendous is right!!!   :camohat:
I'm Old School...
GOD, GUTS AND GUNS
MADE AMERICA GREAT,
LET'S KEEP ALL THREE!
NRA Endowment
NAHC Life

Dr Juice

Nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nhfisherman

Is the undertaker choke from H.S. Strut? Looking for a good choke for my Remington 870 supermag 12 ga.

BINK McCARTY

owlhoot

Looks like you have all you need and then some with the long-beard choke with that pattern and a big load of 5's.   :icon_thumright:
not too tight at 20 for ya.
I don't see the need for any more chokes to be necessary.