OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Point of impact  (Read 9333 times)

Offline G-12

Re: Point of impact
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2016, 02:23:26 PM »
You said you shot that target at 30 feet.  So 10 yards?

Shoot it at 40 and see where your POI is.

Personally to me a turkey gun is a dedicated tool and I won't set one up without some sort of optical sighting system

Offline tha bugman

• Paintbrush Beard
Point of impact
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2016, 09:26:01 AM »
Shoot it at 40 and see what you get

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline 1iagobblergetter

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2016, 11:10:13 PM »
At least it is good right and left.  If it's not to high at 40 I wouldn't worry much about it.  Mine shoots higher than yours and will definitely have to put a bigger bead on the front or rifle sights on it to get it dead on.

And I feel your pain on dropping a grand on a gun that doesn't shoot perfect poa to poi?   A 60/40 pattern is as high as any gun that isn't a trap gun should ever shoot.  Over constriction can cause your patterns to float around a little too, so if someone has a more open tube you could borrow it would be worth shooting a couple of rounds through.  Also try different shells.  My 835 shoots a tad low with every shell in the world but 3" #5 supremes and they shoot dead on.
  X2 I've changed mine also by either changing turkey chokes or a different brand of shell.

Offline tha bugman

• Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2016, 09:50:50 AM »
+1
If you hold on the wattles that's a dead turkey. Wouldn't feel bad about that but I would check it a 40 to be sure.

Offline turkeykiller41

« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2017, 05:40:30 AM »
Shoot it at 40yds,also high and low alot of times if you are taking a full bead or fine bead if taking a fine bead it will make you shoot high try taking different beads and see what you get they also sell taller beads i you need one to bring it down.

Offline SumToy

• Double Beard
    • sumtoycustoms
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2017, 09:02:57 AM »
we set a gun at 50 ft.  about 1 to 2 inches high.  When you get to 40 it will be on most of the time. 
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

Offline THattaway

• The Boss Gobbler
  • Worship the LORD, not His creation.
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2017, 08:24:22 AM »
Are you leveling the vent rib (if the run has one)? It may be as simple as you covering the spot with the bead vs. putting the spot on top of the bead at that distance. I would take a gun shooting a tad high and straight over a gun that is patterning well below the bead, left or right any day of the week. I don't think you have a problem at all.
"Turkeys ain't nothing but big quail son."-Dad

“The truth is that no one really gives a dam how many turkeys you kill.”-T

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles

CrustyRusty

« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2017, 01:37:53 PM »
If you want to lower your poi, and if your gun has shims try lowering your stock.  After you see what it does at 40 however :funnyturkey: