Gumby

Ithaca 12ga Turkeyslayer
Briley Factory .675 Choke
Hevi13 #6s 3inch
60 Degrees
Heavy 10-15mph wind

30 Yards:

40 Yards:

I usually shoot the 3inch Hevi13 7s and get much higher numbers at 40 yards (215/220 vs 150/160 here with the 6s). I'm switching to the 6s because I want the heavy load and I'm very pleased with the evenness of the pattern. I'm not a number chaser and I like the forgiveness I see here.

TrackeySauresRex

"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

Twowithone

Good patterns that gobbler going home with you. :OGturkeyhead:
09-11-01 Some Gave Something. 343 Gave All F.D.N.Y.

chatterbox

owlhoot

:fud: get ready to start plucking. No flopping, he is done.

Mike Honcho

I think you found what you were looking for!!!

worth612000

stewart

Good patterns.
What is the bore size of the Ithaca TS?

decoykrvr

I've evaluated.643-.675 in an Ithaca Mod. 37, King Ferry, Turkeyslayer utilizing about 6 different choke tube manufacturers.  I got the best Mag Blend patterns w/ a Mad .675 and w/ an Indian Creek .660 got good even 10" and 20" patterns shooting Hevi-13 6's and 7's w/ numbers about 20% greater than your getting w/ the .675.  You might want to evaluate the IC .660.

Gumby

Quote from: decoykrvr on February 21, 2016, 12:49:45 PM
I've evaluated.643-.675 in an Ithaca Mod. 37, King Ferry, Turkeyslayer utilizing about 6 different choke tube manufacturers.  I got the best Mag Blend patterns w/ a Mad .675 and w/ an Indian Creek .660 got good even 10" and 20" patterns shooting Hevi-13 6's and 7's w/ numbers about 20% greater than your getting w/ the .675.  You might want to evaluate the IC .660.

Thanks for the info! The bore diameter on the Turkeyslayer measures at .729
The model I have is a late model from the new group in Sandusky, Ohio. It comes with a lengthened forcing cone. The factory choke is made by Briley. It was co-developed by both companies specifically for this gun only. It was designed to give dense patterns at long ranges but the main goal was to be as forgiving as possible at the same time. I think it was a success based on my 4/5 years of patterning this gun.

Gumby

decoykrvr

With that pattern I'd definitely put a load of Hevi-13  7's in the chamber and a couple of 6's in the magazine.  I get a really good even pattern w/ the IC .660 and MagBlends, not quite as good as w/ a.675, but seldom hunt w/ them.  A couple of years ago, I thought I had a load of Hevi-13, 7's in the chamber and shot a gobbler at @ 26 yards, the resulting recoil was really noticeable as was the damage to the gobbler's head and neck.  Later when I checked the fired hull, I realized that I had shot the gobbler w/ a MagBlend.  If you don't mind the punishment, I'd give them a try w/ that Briley .675.  In any case, you're set.

stewart

Your Turkeyslayer seems to pattern both 6's and 7's equally (Hevi-13).
Have you tried Win Longbeard XR?
I'd be very curious how 3" #6 WLBXR would do from your Ithaca.

Gumby

I have never tried the Longbeards. I am not a fan of the way they pattern. Many people love them. Terrible pattern (too tight) at closer ranges for my liking.

trkehunr93

Looks good!  I use to have a Brileys .675 in my 835, shot about the same numbers with the old white Hevi 13 3" 6's.  I agree about the evenness of the pattern, too many overlook that.