OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Still jumping  (Read 4181 times)

Offline tha bugman

• Paintbrush Beard
Still jumping
« on: February 19, 2016, 04:35:36 AM »
I'm so I put a Simms recoil pad on NEF along with a ported choke.  While muzzle jump is better.  The gun is still leaving my hands when it goes off.  Anyone else have this problem?  I love the gun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline highwaygun

Re: Still jumping
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2016, 07:13:49 AM »
 I have never had this issue in the 10 plus years with mine. What do you mean leaving your hands.

Offline TRex18

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2016, 08:18:56 AM »
If your ripping 2+oz loads, it will. Hang on. Dont flinch. focus on target and Just TAKE IT.  :fud:

Offline TRex18

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2016, 08:20:38 AM »
Put a couple 2 3/8oz mag blends....that will make it jump out of your hands.....Probably tickle your nose to...

Offline tha bugman

• Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2016, 10:33:53 AM »
yeah found some of those that I had for my SP-10 along with a nitro lol
Put a couple 2 3/8oz mag blends....that will make it jump out of your hands.....Probably tickle your nose to...

Offline tha bugman

• Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2016, 10:34:51 AM »
I mean that sucker is jumping so bad that my hands become detached from the forearm.
I have never had this issue in the 10 plus years with mine. What do you mean leaving your hands.

Offline IowaGobblers

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2016, 12:23:06 PM »

You could possibly rig up something like those hand loops mossberg has on the 500 turkey thugs?

Offline tha bugman

• Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2016, 12:44:06 PM »
yeah a buddy of mine suggested that.  I may have to do it!  :fud:

You could possibly rig up something like those hand loops mossberg has on the 500 turkey thugs?

Offline cluck

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2016, 06:20:58 PM »
I had a bps ten gauge barrel ported back in the early ninety's and it reduced muzzle jump a lot. Was shooting federal and winchester two and one forth ounce number four shoot. It did'nt reduce any rearward recoil at all. As they say, it still kills on both ends!!!    Cluck

Offline deadbuck

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2016, 08:03:03 PM »
I have a 12 gauge Citori that shoots 3 1/2 inch shells. Was sitting on the ground with my back to a tree and fired it off at a Tom. The gun jumped out of my hands and was laying on the ground beside me after firing. Luckily the Tom was hit on first shot. Wicked I tell you!

Offline tha bugman

• Paintbrush Beard
Still jumping
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2016, 05:03:47 PM »
Shot it today with my gobbler gloves on that have a pretty good grip on them and it was a lot better.  That and I'm probably learning how to hold it correctly and rocking with the recoil and not fighting it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk