OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Primos Double Bull Crusher Bling

Started by SpringFever, March 30, 2011, 11:36:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpringFever

Quote from: bird on April 01, 2011, 10:36:15 AM
Does the Crusher has the same windows as the Matrix 360 that go all the way around the blind or is the window design the same as the Dark Horse.  And when it comes to height of a blind.  If you plan on doing any type of long term still hunting or bow hunting from a blind the more room especially in height the better off you are.  Years ago before I got the Matrix 360 I use to deer hunt with a bow from a smaller blind and I can tell you that it is a real pain trying to draw and move if you don't have the proper height and room inside the blind to do so.  I still say in my opinion that no blind still compares to the Matrix 360.  Primos really screwed up when they changed the design of the Matrix 360 and went to the Dark Horse.

bird

[/quot

Yes the crusher is set up the same as the matrix as far as the windows go. And I must say the 3d camo on the crusher is pretty neat. Needed? maybe not but it sure is a sharp looking unit. But the 360 really isn't 360 IMO because to put the open windows up and to slide the back ones down would be next to impossible I think with game close, especially deer.

Bird- your blind sure looks nice. When doing research and reading reviews on blinds Ive come across a handful of ppl that just want the old matrix 360 and if they could find a used one would buy it. I have been giving your name to those ppl hopefully one of them is still interested.

But for the price, I think the dark horse is for me. I like how the window can stay open the full 20 inches all the way around the front and sides, where as the matrix and crusher taper down toward the edge. I think it would be tougher to shoot a bow out of these blinds if the bird was off to one side or the other.

bird

I hope you realize that you really shouldn't keep the windows wide open at all except for where you plan on shooting out of with a bow because you don't want to silhouette yourself for the birds to catch your movement which they will do if you have a window open behind you or to your side.  I watched another hunter a few years ago from 500 yards away one day do exactly that.  Every time he moved I could see his movements because he had the windows wide open.  Imagine a turkey that has much better eyesight than a human how well they can pick up movement even in a blind because a hunter has himself silhouetted.

For turkeys the 3D means nothing either for camouflage and concealment.  That blind can be solid Blaze Orange and it won't bother them one bit as long as you don't make any noise or don't get caught making any movement that will draw their attention.

And I've found that an old Army duffel bag is the perfect carry bag for a hub style blind.  It give you extra room to carry decoys, chair and other items inside the bag with the blind.

bird

SpringFever

I have spent enough hours in a blind to understand how they work and what you can and cant get away with. If you have half the windows open or just slightly less and none open in the other half of the blind that will suffice. Just put your chair in the far back corner and your golden. So yes I do realize that too many windows open or a window behind you is bad news.

bird

Quote from: SpringFever on April 01, 2011, 11:22:44 AM
I have spent enough hours in a blind to understand how they work and what you can and cant get away with. If you have half the windows open or just slightly less and none open in the other half of the blind that will suffice. Just put your chair in the far back corner and your golden. So yes I do realize that too many windows open or a window behind you is bad news.

Good Deal.... Some guys just don't get it as they think that camo mess screen can still hide them which it does to a certain extent.  I hope you have much success with you hunts and also take along a camera to get some cool pictures and video that you may not be able to get otherwise.

Good Luck ~ Hunt Safe ~ Take Lots of Pictures

bird

SpringFever

Hey Bird you ever shot through the camo mesh?  I never have boy it just makes me nervous. Ive always tucked it out of the way. Espeicially with expandable broad heads I would think would be more of a risk.

bird

Quote from: SpringFever on April 01, 2011, 11:31:48 AM
Hey Bird you ever shot through the camo mesh?  I never have boy it just makes me nervous. Ive always tucked it out of the way. Espeicially with expandable broad heads I would think would be more of a risk.

Never have.... That's why I can say that the blind that I have for sale has no rip, tears or holes in it.  She is in perfect shape other than a grommet missing on one of the stake holes which was like that from the day I got it.  They must of forgot to put it on when they were building it but it doesn't effect the blind one bit so I have never worried about that.

Al