turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Primos Double Bull Crusher Bling

Started by SpringFever, March 30, 2011, 11:36:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpringFever

This probably is not the best area on OG to post this but I think im safe to assume most ppl here have hunted out of a blind at some point. I just ordered a Double Bull Crusher and should get it this week. After reading some reviews, Im worried this blind isnt what I thought It might be. Anybody else have one of these and what do you think so far?

SpringFever

Quote from: slickyboyboo on March 30, 2011, 11:54:41 AM
It might be hard to hide from the birds, in a double bull crusher "BLING"!! :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:

Yes-  too shiny ha ha (oops)
spell check even missed it!!

shootumindaface

I dont think it will stand up on a hill as steep as the one in your avatar :lol:

bowhunter84

Quote from: shootumindaface on March 30, 2011, 12:03:16 PM
I dont think it will stand up on a hill as steep as the one in your avatar :lol:
:TooFunny: :TooFunny:

SpringFever

Quote from: shootumindaface on March 30, 2011, 12:03:16 PM

Boy, tough croud today lol

:you_rock:

davisd9

Never hunted out of a blind so I have no clue.  Wish I could help but I am a run and gun hunter.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

shootumindaface

Quote from: davisd9 on March 30, 2011, 12:31:12 PM
Never hunted out of a blind so I have no clue.  Wish I could help but I am a run and gun hunter.
Its not particularly safe to run with a loaded weapon :-[

Sent from my 10 year old Dell using my 2 pointer fingers.

Basser69

Quote from: shootumindaface on March 30, 2011, 12:37:34 PM

:TooFunny: :TooFunny:

davisd9

Quote from: shootumindaface on March 30, 2011, 12:37:34 PM

Got me there.   :'(    :TooFunny:
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Galvin900

I dont have a double bull, but have hunted from blinds a lot. Killed a nice 8 point 12-26-10 that come within 20 yards of the blind, looked at it and went back to grazing grass. Also about 2 years back while turkey hunting, I went to scout around for turkey since I hadnt seen any from the blind, Came back to the blind later and a flock of turkey was there so close to the blind they were about to climb in it. These were cheap ole Ameristep blinds I use. I would love to have a Primos dark horse, and the crusher would be second choice. I think they are both quality blinds. What was the bad review you saw?

SpringFever

I saw many bad reviews actually. holes in the stitching and bad zippers and what not. But i did actually order the crusher and its set up in my dining room right now. everything is great but i might return it for the dark horse. not sure yet.

dj-il

Buddy has one and said it is quite a bit heavier than his dark horse.  He also said he couldn't tell a significant difference in the hubs either.  Supposed to be 50% easier to open.  My dark horse isn't hard to open.  I'll be sticking with it.

SpringFever

Quote from: dj-il on March 31, 2011, 07:56:08 PM
Buddy has one and said it is quite a bit heavier than his dark horse.  He also said he couldn't tell a significant difference in the hubs either.  Supposed to be 50% easier to open.  My dark horse isn't hard to open.  I'll be sticking with it.

It did seem heavy but the pack it carrys in is sweet. Nice comfortable thick padding. So the weight I can deal with. As far as the hubs go- they claim they are easier to engage. I disagree there, they are tough. Although im sure it would get easier the more I use as they would break in a little. But my major problem is the window. I didnt realize you could open it up the full 20 inches all the way around the 180 like the dark horse. So It would be harder to shoot out of with a bow compared to the darkhorse. I think if I dont get killed on a restocking fee im gunna send it back and get the dark horse.

I see theres a recurve dark horse which is taller, like the crusher. The standard dark horse is quite a bit shorter in height. Im 6'2 i wonder if the taller one is just over kill and not needed or if I should find the taller one. Anybody have a taller one?

bird

Does the Crusher has the same windows as the Matrix 360 that go all the way around the blind or is the window design the same as the Dark Horse.  And when it comes to height of a blind.  If you plan on doing any type of long term still hunting or bow hunting from a blind the more room especially in height the better off you are.  Years ago before I got the Matrix 360 I use to deer hunt with a bow from a smaller blind and I can tell you that it is a real pain trying to draw and move if you don't have the proper height and room inside the blind to do so.  I still say in my opinion that no blind still compares to the Matrix 360.  Primos really screwed up when they changed the design of the Matrix 360 and went to the Dark Horse.

bird