Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Turkey chokes

Started by Big perm2, February 15, 2016, 07:38:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jepcho

I'm jealous too.  Today was 35 degrees and that is pretty warm for this time of year around here.  I cant wait to get out and pattern but that probably wont be till mid to late march for me. 

wmn2

Went to the range today. Cloudy, light drizzle and 45 degrees. Got my sight on target and patterned 3 different loads. Will post results when I get home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

357MAGNOLE

Yeah! Post those results man! Patterning is half the fun to me.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."--Thomas Jefferson

WNCTracker

Mossberg 835 and Indian creek. Longbeard 3" 6's. Due to some generosity I'm going to try some Hevi 7's. Good people.

357MAGNOLE

That is a serious pattern. Did you count them out?
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."--Thomas Jefferson

WNCTracker

Quote from: 357MAGNOLE on February 26, 2016, 04:01:48 PM
That is a serious pattern. Did you count them out?
265 10" 40yds 60 deg

wmn2

That's great! I'm gonna make it out in the next few weeks to fine tuneand choose between 5's and 6's. I'd like to pick up some hevi 7's to try, but I can't talk myself into 5 dollars per shell

Big perm2

I pay about $10 a shell and the pattern I get I would pay more.. (Nitro ammo company)

Talkem into given up!!!

kdsberman

Quote from: Big perm2 on February 28, 2016, 06:31:08 PM
I pay about $10 a shell and the pattern I get I would pay more.. (Nitro ammo company)

Talkem into given up!!!

I'm with ya there man.  In Michigan, we have a 1-bird limit so roughly $85 for ten shells means around $8.50 a year to have the best she'll I've shot.  Pretty cheap in my mind.

kdsberman

Bought me a new addition to my 835.

Now need to get some Hevi 7's.   Trying to decide whether to spend the extra on Nitro's or just go with Hevi 13.  Love my Nitro's I know that.  Wallet doesn't though.

wmn2

Looks good. Let us know how it does in your gun.

357MAGNOLE

Sweet. I just ordered myself a Trulock Federal #7 heavy weight for the 870 youth.

kdsberman

Quote from: wmn2 on March 06, 2016, 10:56:35 AM
Looks good. Let us know how it does in your gun.

Definitely will do that.  Temps are finally gonna start picking up here in Michigan starting tomorrow.  Still gonna be a tad chilly for good patterning, but it's a step in the right direction.