OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Gooserbat's convention is over, what product impressed me most giveaway  (Read 18597 times)

Offline southern_leo

• The Boss Gobbler
Gooserbat's convention is over, what product impressed me most giveaway
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2016, 06:52:28 PM »
Hallorans new slate, which now has a home with me. This was also my first convention and was really impressed with how friendly everyone was and had a great time talking to all the vendors.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Offline born2hunt

Re: Gooserbat's convention is over, what product impressed me most giveaway
« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2016, 07:51:33 PM »
Unfortunately the closest I came was watching the calling on YouTube. I dont know why I like the owl competitions so much but James is definitely impressive with that hooter.
Genesis 1:26
   Then God said, “Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals,[a] and over all the creatures that move along the ground.”

Offline ElkTurkMan

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2016, 08:13:33 PM »
I had a great time. What impressed me most was Hallorans Purple Heart and Cedar box. The hotel and convention also amazed and impressed me. That is one impressive huge place.

Offline AndyH

« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2016, 08:18:00 PM »
The family adventure village was the best thing for me. My kids loved it and what better way to get kids involved in the outdoors. Got to see some friends I only get to see once a year.

Offline TN Beard Buster

« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2016, 09:13:50 PM »
I'll play! The two things that impressed me the most were, #1 my memorial turkey mount that Chip Hayes mounted for me that won Best of Show! and #2 was the matched set of trumpet and tube call made for me by Del Crow (Savduck) and Billy McAlister of Natural Addictions Calls!! I had an awesome time and enjoyed meeting a few of you guys from here that I've never met before! Sam, Clark, and Mickey.

Offline laker

• Wishin I was Fishin
« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2016, 09:29:24 PM »
I was most impressed with some of the decorative calls in the call competition/silent auction!  :drool: They were so beautiful and many of them even sounded as good as they sounded. Also as many others have said, Hallorans new slate. I only picked up the Twisted Sister because i had my eye set on it since before i got there but as soon as they are online i believe i will be placing an order for one!

Offline Dirtybird552

« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2016, 10:45:16 PM »
i was most impressed by the overall good general attitude everybody had . This was my 6 year old step sons first time at the convention so my main goal was to make sure he had a good time. I was very impressed how every vendor we stopped at made it a point to talk to him and give him a few words of encouragement. He was on cloud 9 by the time we left. He is eat up with turkey fever now, and his Mama is already sick of the calls he bought with his allowance he saved up for the show!

As far as products, I was very impressed with the alps outdoors kickstand vest. I was so impressed I bought 2! One for me and one for my dad. I made myself a promise not to buy any calls( went a little crazy last year and didn't use half of what I bought). But I did run several and seen some beautiful calls that I would of loved to added to my collection.

Offline soky

« Reply #37 on: February 16, 2016, 02:19:50 AM »
 My buddy and I were talking about how much the convention had grown in the past 5 years since we started attending. In my opinion that's the most impressing thing.

Offline Gunslinger1

« Reply #38 on: February 16, 2016, 08:20:29 AM »
The General good nature of the folks that attend. All the call makers I met were awesome to visit with.....including you. We had a fantastic time at the show.

Offline mozart_hunter

« Reply #39 on: February 16, 2016, 10:52:30 AM »
Didn't go buy i follow a lot of people that did. The deception decoys impressed me.

Offline Tail Feathers

• Limbhanger
« Reply #40 on: February 17, 2016, 09:46:10 AM »
Didn't get to go but I'm down for a drawing!
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Offline SEMO

« Reply #41 on: February 18, 2016, 01:02:20 AM »
I'm in. Turkey fan.com

Offline wmn2

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #42 on: February 18, 2016, 03:48:16 AM »
I'm in. Thank you.

Did not go, but planning on it next year.

Offline turkaholic

• live to hunt hunt to live
« Reply #43 on: February 18, 2016, 05:54:09 AM »
Did not attend, but was disappointed with the lack of conservation minded vendors. You would think every other booth would be talking about the dramatic loss of birds that keeps their check books loaded. Reminds me more like a wild ostrich convention, burry head in sand and pretend everything is just fine. Maybe I missed that booth?
live to hunt hunt to live

Offline VaTuRkStOmPeR

• Longbeard
Gooserbat's convention is over, what product impressed me most giveaway
« Reply #44 on: February 18, 2016, 06:47:01 AM »

Did not attend, but was disappointed with the lack of conservation minded vendors. You would think every other booth would be talking about the dramatic loss of birds that keeps their check books loaded. Reminds me more like a wild ostrich convention, burry head in sand and pretend everything is just fine. Maybe I missed that booth?

You won't see that at the convention.  The NWTF just prefers to take credit for what was once a robust resource that is now alarmingly waning.