OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Checking in  (Read 4798 times)

Offline timberjack86

• The Boss Gobbler
Checking in
« on: February 13, 2016, 08:47:08 PM »
 How's it going guys? We're  less than 2 months away. Anyone have any trips planned this spring ?

Offline Jwall

Checking in
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2016, 08:50:00 PM »
Got a new property with 44 acres that I'll get to hunt on come April so I'm hoping that will get me another bird this year

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Offline TN Beard Buster

Re: Checking in
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2016, 12:19:46 AM »
What's up guys? I'm chilling in my hotel room after another long day at the NWTF Convention!! I don't have anything planned definite, but I may have a chance to go to Kentucky later on in season. Othe than that I'll just be hunting my normal haunts around home. I hope we can all score good birds this year and win this thing!!

Offline TNTRKYHunter

Checking in
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2016, 05:17:42 PM »
Hey guys. No planned trips for me either. I will be like beard buster and hunt my normal places. I have been getting some pics of two groups of toms on one of the places I hunt, it's been a few years since I have seen that many toms in this area. I am hoping they are still there this spring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline TNTRKYHunter

Checking in
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2016, 05:19:58 PM »
Timber jack. You heading back to Texas again?

Offline reflexl

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2016, 09:50:07 AM »
I should have plenty of birds this time. Gobzilla is still out there 6 years old now. Kevin and I have discussed a way to double team that joker.

Offline Tennessee Lead

• Longbeard
Checking in
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2016, 11:26:39 AM »
Hi everyone.
I'll be hunting my normal places this year. The company I work for owns several large tracts of timber that holds several birds. They've proven to be good hunting the last few years. Really ruff terrain but allows me to be very mobile and aggressive and that's my favorite way of hunting.
Thanks for allowing me to be a part of the team. Looking forward to it. Best of luck to everyone.

Sent from the barrel of a model 70 at 3300 fps

Offline darn2ten

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2016, 05:11:18 PM »
Well as much as I'd love to make it down to central Georgia, looks like that's not going to happen again this year. I'll be hunting my usual spots with the exception of a great one I lost last year. On a positive note I may be getting on a few new spots. Good Lord willing I'll make a few more memories, and collect a few more spurs.  ;)

Offline reflexl

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2016, 06:38:59 PM »
Boys we are in need of one more team member and although we are trying to stay Tn boys we may have to take one in from another state. There is a very good hunter from Alabama that I feel like would make a great addition.  He has played and won before. Does anyone object to having a bama boy on our team?

Offline TN Beard Buster

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2016, 09:19:12 PM »
No objection here, as long as we don't have to hear Roll Tide every other sentence! LOL!! I don't wanna hear Hookem Horns either!! LMBO!! Bring him on!! Let's do thins thang!!!

Offline Tennessee Lead

• Longbeard
Checking in
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2016, 11:26:35 PM »

No objection here, as long as we don't have to hear Roll Tide every other sentence! LOL!! I don't wanna hear Hookem Horns either!! LMBO!! Bring him on!! Let's do thins thang!!!
X2 lol

Sent from the barrel of a model 70 at 3300 fps

Offline TNTRKYHunter

Checking in
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2016, 12:00:14 AM »

^^^ This^^^.

Offline timberjack86

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2016, 07:34:04 AM »
Timber jack. You heading back to Texas again?

Yes I'm hoping to take my dad for there opener which is our opener also.

Offline Jwall

Checking in
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2016, 06:41:08 PM »
I found a flock of about 100 today if I can just get permission to hunt there. Already knocked on the door and spoke to the wife to leave a number. Any other suggestions.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Offline reflexl

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2016, 08:52:29 AM »
That looks good!