Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

What you hunting with this season?

Started by 357MAGNOLE, February 12, 2016, 11:31:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

357MAGNOLE

I am working on finishing this 870 youth model. Turning out nicely, if it shoots as nice as it looks I will be ditching the 12 gauge.

This was my go to for last year.  Stoeger M3000, IC .665 and Winchester Longbeards #6's

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."--Thomas Jefferson

wmn2

Winchester SXP turkey. 12 gauge, carlsons .665, TRS-25, and butler creek sling. Going to shoot either longbeard #5, #6, or triple beards in 3.5".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hunter1979

There should be a Mathews Halon 7 pictured here, but I was told April the other day... I hope they were wrong!

The Benelli Supernova with Carlson's XR choke shooting 3.5" Longbeard XR #5's is my backup plan.

wmn2

I'd love to shoot one with my E35, but figure I need to get a couple under my belt with a gun first.

kdsberman

Hunter1979-  I would say the same except im getting an Xpedition Xcentric, and most likely mine will be April also.  Might be my first year bowhunting turkeys.

Big perm2

This is my beauty!! Bps 10ga with a rhino choke tube and nitro company shells!!

Talkem into given up!!!

Hunter1979

Hey Kraig, must be something with us Michigan guys getting new bows to kill with this year!  I've heard lots of good things about the xpedition bows, but I've never shot one.  I'm hoping we both get our bows in for the birds. I'm going to use the Magnus Bullhead on the Victory 4 feather arrow.  Hoping the bow arrives ahead of schedule.

Ozark870Hunter

Going to try and tag one with my Xcentric. Then back to the trusty 870.
United Front Armory
Custom built firearms
Top quality cerakote applications
https://www.facebook.com/UnitedFrontArmory/

wmn2

That excentric looks just like an obsession evolution. Nice bow.

Ozark870Hunter

Quote from: wmn2 on February 23, 2016, 03:25:32 PM
That excentric looks just like an obsession evolution. Nice bow.

Thanks. You've seen one Kevin Strothers bow, then you've seen em all.
It's a shooter for sure tho.
Just realized this is not my team's thread.
These pics are classified!
Y'all have seen nothing! lol
United Front Armory
Custom built firearms
Top quality cerakote applications
https://www.facebook.com/UnitedFrontArmory/

kdsberman

Quote from: Hunter1979 on February 23, 2016, 01:13:41 PM
Hey Kraig, must be something with us Michigan guys getting new bows to kill with this year!  I've heard lots of good things about the xpedition bows, but I've never shot one.  I'm hoping we both get our bows in for the birds. I'm going to use the Magnus Bullhead on the Victory 4 feather arrow.  Hoping the bow arrives ahead of schedule.

I hope so man. That would be awesome.  I've never bow hunted them before.  Should be a challenge for sure.

tha bugman

I have a hard enough time trying to hit one in the head with a gun so I am gonna stick with the boom instead of the thwack

jepcho

Quote from: Big perm2 on February 22, 2016, 09:33:00 PM

This is my beauty!! Bps 10ga with a rhino choke tube and nitro company shells!!

Talkem into given up!!!
How you like shooting your 10 gauge? I got the chance to shoot a friends single shot 10 gauge turkey gun last year and I was pleasantly surprised with the recoil. It was a lot less than what I expected. I mean it was definitely there, but didn't seem any worse than my 12 with 3.5" shells.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Big perm2

Love my 10ga got a rhino choke tube and nitro company shells,  28inch barrel. I got the the longer barrel to help with recoil  a little!!  But I love it and will carry it long as I'm able to..

Talkem into given up!!!