OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Tenzing TZ TV14 vs. Kickstand vests  (Read 4886 times)

Offline Spyderman

Tenzing TZ TV14 vs. Kickstand vests
« on: February 12, 2016, 05:45:50 PM »
Hello all, I just found this site and am enjoying going through it. I'm in the market for a new vest, and I think I have it down to the Tenzing TZ TV14 and the Cabela's Tat'r Kickstand vest. Do any of you have any experience with these? My concern with the Tenzing is whether the padded seat is adequate, and with the Kickstand vest, whether the kickstand is "in the way" when not using it. i.e., if sitting against a tree without deploying the kickstand.

Also, I'm a fairly thin guy, and don't want anything too baggy, either.

All thoughts and comments are appreciated!

Spyderman

Offline Bowguy

• Limbhanger
Re: Tenzing TZ TV14 vs. Kickstand vests
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2016, 06:12:29 AM »
I haven't used any kickstand vests but don't know or haven't heard anyone who's kept one in. Do have the tenzing n while it's new to me the sear seems very adequate. Better than my old one. Got my vest on Amazon for 131 new. Free shipping. Was 134 in obsession camo, I don't care what the pattern is

Offline beakbuster10

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2016, 06:19:18 AM »
I have a tenZing tv14 and an OL Tom time and motion. I prefer the OL Tom to the tenZing. It's more comfortable, quieter, lighter and OL Tom has the best seat on the market. I agree with bow guy about kick stands. I don't know anyone who has had a kickstand for more than a few days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline 870FaceLift

• The Boss Gobbler
Re: Tenzing TZ TV14 vs. Kickstand vests
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2016, 04:31:02 PM »
I have the Tat'r Kickstand and love it.  Multiple family members do as well.  Honestly, I consider it one of the best turkey purchases I have ever made.  The only way that you would have trouble leaning against a tree when the stand is not deployed, would be if large roots are exposed that catch the kickstand crossbar.  Otherwise, the stand lays flat against your back and will not interfere.

Sorry, don't have any experience with the Tenzing.
Pass it on...

Offline beakbuster10

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2016, 04:46:35 PM »
I have the tenZing tv14 and the OL Tom time and motion as well. They are both primo vests but I'd give the nod to OL tom. Better seat, lighter, better magnets to hold the seat up and quieter but the tenZing has a better pocket layout and will actually provide a little warmth on cooler mornings. . Oh and I've never met anyone who even made it to the field with those kickstand vests. They were gone within 20 minutes of having it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk