turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Triple Beard Mossy 835

Started by tonybforua, February 12, 2016, 02:09:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomcat655

I shotsome 3 1/2 and they smoked em at 45 yds I wish my phone pictures would load up but thru an 870 sm and Indian creek .. Yes sir

lowoctane

I'm Old School...
GOD, GUTS AND GUNS
MADE AMERICA GREAT,
LET'S KEEP ALL THREE!
NRA Endowment
NAHC Life

trkehunr93

Quote from: mote1977 on February 12, 2016, 04:22:42 PM
Looks pretty dang good to me! Your Longbeards may put up better numbers but I bet the 20 yd pattern is much more forgiving with the triple beards.

Bingo! Lot of folks get focused on 40 and forget most shots are closer to 20-30 yards.  I personally am impressed with your pattern at 40, looks like your typical spring day, 62 with a slight breeze.  To me the pattern held up well even with a breeze working against you.  I was glad to see an affordable triplex load come out, I like the LB patterns but the longevity of the resin is a concern I have, how long will it hold up in the shell before it breaks down and doesn't function like it should.

tha bugman

Quote from: trkehunr93 on February 19, 2016, 02:30:13 PM
Looks pretty dang good to me! Your Longbeards may put up better numbers but I bet the 20 yd pattern is much more forgiving with the triple beards.

Bingo! Lot of folks get focused on 40 and forget most shots are closer to 20-30 yards.  I personally am impressed with your pattern at 40, looks like your typical spring day, 62 with a slight breeze.  To me the pattern held up well even with a breeze working against you.  I was glad to see an affordable triplex load come out, I like the LB patterns but the longevity of the resin is a concern I have, how long will it hold up in the shell before it breaks down and doesn't function like it should.

Thats a great point on the resin!  I never thought about that.

trkehunr93

Quote from: tha bugman on February 19, 2016, 02:40:30 PM
Quote from: trkehunr93 on February 19, 2016, 02:30:13 PM

Thats a great point on the resin!  I never thought about that.

Plus anything that the Drury brothers get behind I tend to shy away from.  They just get on my nerves and i've never been impressed with MAD calls.  Seriously though I want to know how a box of shells shoots 5 years from now as most of us have a stock pile of loads.  If your like me your vest stays in your truck (your shells are in your vest) the whole season and goes thru so many temperature fluctuations, I'm just curious as to how durable it really is.  Don't get me wrong, I almost drank the kool aid when they came out until I saw the price. 

Dr Juice

tha bugman

Bought a box for yesterday.  Going to run them through a .670 Tru Glo  Ill post pics...hope to shoot some this weekend!  Time is drawing near. :you_rock: