OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Triple Beard Mossy 835

Started by tonybforua, February 12, 2016, 02:09:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tonybforua

Patterned the new triple beard out of Mossy 835 and Indian Creek Choke. Shot was taken at Laser 40yards. Not impressed my Longbeard #4s put up way better numbers. It was windy and barrel hasn't been deep cleaned yet but has been cleaned thoroughly with a bore snake. 135 in 10" at 40.

USMC0331

Pattern looks good, even/balanced. He's not walking away from it.

wmn2

Were these the 3 or 3.5?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tonybforua

mote1977

Looks pretty dang good to me! Your Longbeards may put up better numbers but I bet the 20 yd pattern is much more forgiving with the triple beards.

wmn2

I just got my 3.5's in the mail yesterday. If they don't out pattern my longbeards at 40, then I'm going to use them when I know a shot isn't going to be more than 25-30

owlhoot

How's the pellet count in the 15  or 20 "

wmn2

tonybforua

.675 on the Indian Creek. Didn't count the 15 or 20. I'll do that tomorrow and let you know.

owlhoot

That would be great , thanks for the report.
9 degrees in the morn, I imagine I be inside ,lol

wmn2

Supposed to be in the 60's next weekend here and I'm off work. Going to try to get out and pattern mine. I'm going to be shooting them through a .665. I will post my results when I get them done.

turkeywhisperer935

It's really cold here in west TN but i'm thinking of shooting one anyway. Itching to shoot a gun. If you don't like them I'll buy em. I'd hunt with that.

turkeykiller

I'm wondering how they are going to shot out of a 20 gauge. Going to buy some for my sons mossberg bantam weight he don't shoot over 30 yards so if they pattern half that good they will be great for kids.

TrackeySauresRex

Nice and even! He's gonna need a helmet  :OGturkeyhead:
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

tha bugman

Good looking pattern!