OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Looking to buy...

Started by wvmntnhick, February 11, 2016, 05:55:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wvmntnhick

I'm looking for a decent tube call. Not particularly interested in a second mortgage but would pay for a good tube. Can someone point me in the right direction please. Don't really want a mass produced deal. Hesitant to buy from eBay not knowing the quality.

Smooth_Operator

PM Pappy on here, I've got one on the way from him.  Matt McClain makes a great tube call as well. He's mmclain on here I believe...

"The woods are lovely, dark and deep,  
But I have promises to keep,  
And miles to go before I sleep,  
And miles to go before I sleep."

wvmntnhick

I did a couple days ago unless I messed something up. Figured I'd take a broader stroke at it. Lol. It's possible I made a mistake and it didn't get to him but I've seen pics of his stuff and really like the way they look.

Jacobson

I have several of Pappy's tube calls. They are my favorite!!! He makes different styles, They all sound good with practice.

wvmntnhick

I've got a custom tube call here now that a local guy made. He made it to be auctioned off at a competition squirrel hunt I was hunting in. Our local tree dog association holds a hunt every year and the proceeds go to help cancer patients. Needless to say, the bids were low on most of the items so I inflated that one quite a bit to either start a bidding war or at least make a good donation. It came home with me. It took a while to get "turkey" sounds out of it but I do like it. Not perfect with it by any means but for running and gunning, it should be perfect. Just want another around to keep in the glove box with my Tylersburg Yelpers pocket slate. Nice to have handy for the impromptu hunts.

mspaci

I think I have 5 of Pappy`s. They are really easy to run.  Mike

Sonny Kemp

I know Matt is in Nashville and Pappy may be also.

pappy

I wasn't going to sound off to look like I was patting myself on the back, but I am home...we didn't attend Nashville this year. The thing about a tube call is the simplicity and the time you want to spend practicing it. As was stated earlier it sounds like you are on the right track, as the tube was originally design to call geese...it has found its way into the turkey hunters vest by trial and error...most likely a lot more error then trial.....LOL....but once you get it to where you are consistent then you will see positive results in the woods....
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

lumberjack

Hick...Let me know what you're looking for. I'll gladly make ya another one!  Pappy's are outstanding though, I have one myself.  I can probably have it at the hunt if you're coming this year, wont even make you go through the auction this time!!

mmclain

All of mine have slate lip rests. And are baffeled.  Made some shortys for Nashville they were gone before noon on Friday.

mwr

I have one of Matt's I really like it! :icon_thumright:

wvmntnhick

Quote from: lumberjack on February 16, 2016, 10:11:16 PM
Hick...Let me know what you're looking for. I'll gladly make ya another one!  Pappy's are outstanding though, I have one myself.  I can probably have it at the hunt if you're coming this year, wont even make you go through the auction this time!!

Good grief man, I can't get away from you anywhere. Lol. Didn't even realize you were on the site. Heck yeah I want another one. I've got one coming from another fella That I think was made by Mike Yingling. If you could, bring two to the hunt this year. Auction one and I'll buy the other. Either way, I'll end up with both of them. I'll give one to my nephew. He's been trying to get going. Got his first bird last year while hunting with my dad. Anyway, I'll take them both for sure if you can get 2 done by then.

mgm1955

Can't go wrong with either Pappy or Matt.

mwr