OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Aluminum Pot Call  (Read 5550 times)

Offline Cutt

• The Boss Gobbler
Aluminum Pot Call
« on: February 11, 2016, 04:14:43 PM »
Looking to pick up a good sounding aluminum call this year. I have an older Blck Magic aluminum call I really like, so hoping to find one with a better sound, where I'm not sure if it will be worth it for the extra cash, as compared to the HS?

So far out of all the aluminum sound files I listened to, I' m liking the SS Padauk Aluminum over Glass the best. With Platz Walnut Aluminum over Glass a close seconds. Are their any I'm missing that would top these two? Thanks

Offline mote1977

Aluminum Pot Call
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2016, 04:20:45 PM »
I'd take a look at an Atomic 13.
http://oldgobbler.com/Forum/index.php?topic=52396

Offline KentuckyHeadhunter

• Double Beard
Re: Aluminum Pot Call
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2016, 04:51:41 PM »
I got a zebrawood aluminum from Mike Yingling on here and it drives birds crazy.
Loyal Member of the Tenth Legion

Offline Bowguy

• Limbhanger
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2016, 05:30:10 PM »
A few aluminums you can prob get this year. SS is one n it sounds great, the Atomic 13 was a fantastic call for me last year. Best luck I've ever hadwith a call in one season.
Lonzo's aluminum is a recent addition for me that I love.
Platz you gotta wait for, never happen this year unless you get it pre owned
Hmm. Dawkins is another worth the wait. A good aluminum needs to be in everyone's vest though. Any of those are great choices. Heard good things about Macs aluminum and too, Adam Proutys soundfile sounds great. Best bet, get em all

Offline Jgarrett

• The Boss Gobbler
  • Garrett Farms' Hunting Club
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2016, 05:38:01 PM »
Lonzo acrylic alum, MAC redheart alum, or a talking dirty or Brad Roberts alum
John Garrett IV
The Panhandle of Florida

Offline WV Ridge Reaper

• Longbeard
Aluminum Pot Call
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2016, 05:38:57 PM »
Houndstooth is over looked a lot,it's my favorite one next would be the atomic 13..I have the first batch not sure how the second batch sound with the hole plugged

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Cutt

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2016, 07:07:58 PM »

I did, as I know it's a favorite with many. Not sure if it''s just the sound file or striker difference, but the SS sounds way better to me?

Offline letinmfly

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2016, 07:14:45 PM »

I did, as I know it's a favorite with many. Not sure if it''s just the sound file or striker difference, but the SS sounds way better to me?

I agree!!
Captain of the former Gobble Kings

Offline PALongspur

• Longbeard
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2016, 07:32:38 PM »
Mark Cornelius cherry or walnut.

Offline scoot12

• Longbeard
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2016, 08:39:15 PM »
Dawkins walnut,  atomic 13,  Platz cherry,  Trice black acrylic,  Macs redheart,  and if you live close Lonnie Mabry makes an awesome sounding aluminum and when you factor cost,  great deal.  Another great aluminum not many guys have is Adam Proutys padauk and yellowheart.  Darrin Dawkins has a new aluminum out and it sounds great in his plastic pot.  I forgot Brad Roberts builds a good one also.

Offline Footballer

• Longbeard
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2016, 11:47:26 AM »
Dawkins walnut,  atomic 13,  Platz cherry,  Trice black acrylic,  Macs redheart,  and if you live close Lonnie Mabry makes an awesome sounding aluminum and when you factor cost,  great deal.  Another great aluminum not many guys have is Adam Proutys padauk and yellowheart.  Darrin Dawkins has a new aluminum out and it sounds great in his plastic pot.  I forgot Brad Roberts builds a good one also.

Dawkins has a new aluminum? What's new about it?

Offline Cutt

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2016, 05:23:31 PM »
I'm guessing SS is rather new here,?  just not much mention of their Aluminum call? I know the sound file of the Padauk Aluminum over Glass sounds good as compared to others, at least to me?

Offline scoot12

• Longbeard
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2016, 09:09:53 PM »
Footballer,  Darrin came out with an aluminum he calls stoned aluminum.  It is not anodized like his previous calls and he just started to sell them.  I guess the aluminum was made for him if I am not mistaken.  He field tested them last year before going for sale this year.  I heard his plastic stoned aluminum he has for sale and was shocked at the sound.  Scoot

Offline Roost 1

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Double Beard
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2016, 10:50:11 PM »
I was really impressed with Houndstooth's aluminum. Its just as good as Dawkins, trice, and roberts and alot cheaper.

Offline WV Ridge Reaper

• Longbeard
Aluminum Pot Call
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2016, 10:53:00 PM »

I was really impressed with Houndstooth's aluminum. Its just as good as Dawkins, trice, and roberts and alot cheaper.

Finally someone else sees what I'm talking about!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk