News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Sinclair snakewood pot *caution: adult content!*

Started by JLH, February 10, 2016, 07:15:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JLH

WOW.... is about all I can say.....

I knew he was working on something special....but had no idea it would turn out this like this...just stunning! To say he knocked it out of the park is a huge understatement.

When I first held the call, it felt like he filled it with lead....this thing is super dense.

And when you drag a striker across it.....I think I cried a little bit....it plays sooooo nice!

I'm pretty sure in Turkey language, it is saying some awful, dirty things...

Well.....enjoy!

Smooth_Operator

Very nice, John sure builds some amazing pots. Is the laminate Ebony? And calling surface brass I'm guessing?

"The woods are lovely, dark and deep,  
But I have promises to keep,  
And miles to go before I sleep,  
And miles to go before I sleep."

eorlando

buzzardroost

I've added two John Sinclair pots to my collection lately and I love them!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JLH

Quote from: Smooth_Operator on February 10, 2016, 08:04:59 PM
Very nice, John sure builds some amazing pots. Is the laminate Ebony? And calling surface brass I'm guessing?

Yes he does.
Yes, gaboon ebony, and yes, brass over slate.

And can you imagine getting a gaboon ebony call with this in the same box.....kinda makes the poor little gaboon look plain and ordinary...lol

SteelerFan

:newmascot::icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:
Wow! That's taking it up a notch! Congratulations!!

Smooth_Operator

Quote from: JLH on February 10, 2016, 08:21:56 PM
Quote from: Smooth_Operator on February 10, 2016, 08:04:59 PM

Yes he does.
Yes, gaboon ebony, and yes, brass over slate.

And can you imagine getting a gaboon ebony call with this in the same box.....kinda makes the poor little gaboon look plain and ordinary...lol

Nice haul you've got there. I own a few of his pots and his attention to detail and craftsmanship is as good as I've seen.  Doesn't hurt they're full of turkey either lol

"The woods are lovely, dark and deep,  
But I have promises to keep,  
And miles to go before I sleep,  
And miles to go before I sleep."

JLH

Well, I had all my calls out today trying to decide who is gonna be the starter for this season....
I must say this snakewood definitely has a sound of its own....not saying it's the best, it just hits different notes, even when running it next to a similar pot...definitely a sound to its own.

The weight and heft to this thing is what's so cool about it.

Anyways....here's another look.  ;)

outdoors

Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

mastevt