OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

What Clint Corder pot call combo

Started by diesel79, February 09, 2016, 08:11:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

diesel79

If you were to get on Clints wait list, what combo of pot call would you put together?  I am a newbie and since the wait is long, I want to make sure I make the right choice.

What's everyone's favorite of his?  I was going to go with a zebra wood slate.

letinmfly

Wenge pot with a glass over slate configuration.  Honestly it doesn't matter which you get cause it's gonna be all turkey.  I've owned a glass, slate and aluminum from Clint and they were all great sounding calls.
Captain of the former Gobble Kings

diesel79

I just saw a post with an osage pot, crystal over slate. 

Maybe I need to order 2.   :drool:

jjnfla

I have both mentioned wenge and osage the osage to me is the better of the 2..his brazilian cherry slate is awesome it sounds more like a glass surface.

slicksbeagles1

:agreed: I 3rd that Clint makes the best pots money can buy. I am on his list consecutively until I tell him to stop. I and my sons consider him a friend and he is a super gentleman. 

diesel79

I should probably just order 2 as it is looking like it will be 2-3 years before I would see them.

For the slate,  would I be better off with the Brazilian cherry over the zebrawood?

The 2nd one will most likely be the glass/slate in an osage pot.

I should have a decent selection.  As if recent I have a Sneed Hot Hen and Outlaw Hen on the way.   A Schaffer Atomic 13 on the way.  I'm on the list for a Paul Platz Walnut Double Glass and Cherry Slate.  All of those plus a couple Clint Corder calls should be a nice selection to choose from.  I'm sure I will pick up more between now and when the Platz and Corder calls get here.  Lol

diesel79

Jgarrett

Osage is what won his first dd adams i believe.  Clint will tell you Osage is his favorite call.  I would get a glass or crystal and a slate.  I actually have those calls on order now, along with an aluminum.  Can't wait. He makes a very nice call.
John Garrett IV
The Panhandle of Florida