turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Looking for suggestions

Started by Shoot2thrill25, February 08, 2016, 06:50:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shoot2thrill25

I don't know much about pot calls, usually just use a mouth call. I have some cheap hs ones that I use for locating. I've been wanting to get a nicer one, but not sure about what material or what maker to get. I don't want to spend a fortune at this point since I'm not sure I'll be using it a ton. Looking for some advice on what material I should get, the differences in them, and some good makers to look at. Thanks guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stump.270

David Halloran double glass 50$ and is a smoker if you prowl the classified pot call section you can pick up a nice pot at a good deal

JLH

In my opinion a slate is going to be the most forgiving call ....only thing it doesn't like is wet weather...but you have your mouth calls for those days.

If you get a quality slate call, and a few strikers, with practice you can make any turkey sound you want.

Lots of good call makers on this site daily, call a couple and chat.

mossyhorn2

try Lonnie sneed or mike yingling, both make great calls at a reasonable price.

Thundermtn

The best slate for the money, maybe in the whole world is Lonnie Sneed's, Hot Hen. Same or less $ than mass produced stuff in the big store and will probably be a call you'll never get rid of.

Fieldturkey

Yeah and the the 30 minutes you spend on the phone with Lonnie will be a treat too!

Thundermtn

30 minutes? Did you hang up on him? :TooFunny: He's fun to talk to. Check these guys out in this thread too. Lots and lots of other good call makers on here as well.

http://oldgobbler.com/Forum/index.php/topic,58834.msg577256.html#msg577256

Shoot2thrill25

Where do ya find some calls from Lonnie sneed? Ive been checking the classifieds a lot but been seeing mostly wtb threads

TauntoHawk

Look through the classifieds, lots of great calls come through.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

mote1977

Quote from: Shoot2thrill25 on February 08, 2016, 09:44:18 PM
Where do ya find some calls from Lonnie sneed? Ive been checking the classifieds a lot but been seeing mostly wtb threads

You need to contact Lonnie directly. There's a reason there are so many WTB  threads and so few selling. I would never part with my Hot Hen. This was his number the last time I placed an order.
304 425-3021

Jgarrett

Quote from: Shoot2thrill25 on February 08, 2016, 06:50:05 PM
I don't know much about pot calls, usually just use a mouth call. I have some cheap hs ones that I use for locating. I've been wanting to get a nicer one, but not sure about what material or what maker to get. I don't want to spend a fortune at this point since I'm not sure I'll be using it a ton. Looking for some advice on what material I should get, the differences in them, and some good makers to look at. Thanks guys

Ernie Fetters double cut
John Garrett IV
The Panhandle of Florida