Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Patterning target

Started by WNCTracker, February 08, 2016, 12:02:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WNCTracker

I used the target that Van Helden Game call uploaded to the DIY section to make this version. I made it so it can be printed at home from a normal printer and taped together to show a vitals kill zone, 10", and 20" rings. to print this correctly, download and save it then open in adobe. click print then make sure to select "poster" under the page size and handling portion which will split it up into 9 printable pages. 

357MAGNOLE

Nice.

I buy a roll of construction paper from home depot or lowes. I think its something like 36"x120 feet.... I roll out 5 or 6 36"x36" sheets, and use a 3" orange sticker from a pack of sticker targets at walmart.

I think the roll cost's me $30 and the stickers are like $5.  Enough to last years of patterning and target shooting. I use the same setup for pistols and rifles for fun, beats paying for targets or printing off a ton for pistols/rifles.

I will have to print out some of these for "practice killin purposes"

Here is an example of what I am talking about.

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."--Thomas Jefferson

WNCTracker

Quote from: 357MAGNOLE on February 08, 2016, 12:17:19 PM
Nice.

I buy a roll of construction paper from home depot or lowes. I think its something like 36"x120 feet.... I roll out 5 or 6 36"x36" sheets, and use a 3" orange sticker from a pack of sticker targets at walmart.

I think the roll cost's me $30 and the stickers are like $5.  Enough to last years of patterning and target shooting. I use the same setup for pistols and rifles for fun, beats paying for targets or printing off a ton for pistols/rifles.

I will have to print out some of these for "practice killin purposes"

Here is an example of what I am talking about.

Yep I've done that as well. I have these images on my phone so if me or somebody needs a target or runs out or whatever I can just print them quick. It's really for the novelty of shooting at the shape of a turkey. Thought I'd share them

357MAGNOLE

Yeah I know, that's why I want to print some... so I can simulate my hits :)

I have thought about going to a kinkos or something and having them make a bunch of larger printouts. Probably would only costs .25 a copy. 
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."--Thomas Jefferson

jepcho

Quote from: 357MAGNOLE on February 08, 2016, 12:30:42 PM
Yeah I know, that's why I want to print some... so I can simulate my hits :)

I have thought about going to a kinkos or something and having them make a bunch of larger printouts. Probably would only costs .25 a copy.
That's a good idea, I've never thought of that before. We have a staples here and I think doing that would be way cheaper than buying full targets.

I usually just buy turkey head targets from the store, but I would like to get some bigger targets and have a supply laying around.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

kdsberman

I usually use resin paper, but lately I've been buying a bunch of sheets of green (or whatever color you choose) poster board and putting it on my Caldwell Target Stand.  The target stand allows me to fold it up to a real compact size, then unfold to and stick it in the ground effortlessly.

wmn2

I wish I had seen this earlier. I printed off some others I found. I would use a real estate sign, but the public range I'm gonna pattern at says you can't use a metal stand. I'm going to pick up some PVC pipe and build one. Bottom of the target has to be 40" off the ground and the top of the target can't be  more than 60" off the ground. I'm going to get some cardboard from work and use that to tape my targets to.