Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Welcome WidowMakers & Introductions

Started by spurman, February 08, 2016, 08:55:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spurman

GOBBLE-GOBBLE!!! Well guys we have a full line up of some hardcore turkey killers. So happy to be back for another spring of chasing longbeards.

We have several new team mates this spring so I think we should do introductions. Then we can elect a captain and then he can chose a co-captain if he wants one.

My name is Bill, I am married, retired and live in West KY. I became a WidowMaker the year after the team was formed. Been hunting turkeys since the 80's. Except for the last few years all my hunting was in KY on public land. I now have access to some good private land and get to make a trip to Kansas. Really looking forward to getting to know all our new team mates.
Spring turkey hunting, I love it so.                FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

jarbo03

Thanks for the add.  My name is Jerry Courtney and I live in NE Kansas.  Will typically hunt an eastern here close to home, then bgo after rios further to the west of me.
When not turkey hunting,  spend the rest of my time training and chasing birds with my Wirehaired Pointing Griffon TAZ.   Everything from dove, prairie chicken,  pheasant,  and ending with waterfowl.

Looking forward to a season with a new team.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Bigsho69

Hey Team.  Was a free agent this year and am glad to be on the Widowmakers!  Hopefully I can live up to the team name.  I am from NE Kansas and bowhunt turkeys like a mad man.  I usually hunt a few states each year and regularly kill nice birds each year.  Last year I took one that was over 78"!!  Looking forward to another good season this year and plan to hunt Florida, Nebraska, Missouri, and Kansas.  Looking forward to be on the winning team this year.  Talk to you guys soon. 

Happy

Hello fellows. Thanks for the invite. My name is Nick and I am married to a beautiful and wonderful woman. We have three children. Thankfully she understands my turkey hunting addiction. Have worked the same job as an electrician for 17 years now. I hunt Md and Wv and typically get a bird or in a good year a few more. Look forward to meeting you all and giving all the other teams a run for there money. Good luck to all and be safe!

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Smooth_Operator

Evening gents, my name is Blake, I'm 35 years young and have been chasing thunder chickens going on 25 years now.  I work in Operations at a nuclear power facility, am married to a wonderful woman, no kids with the exception of our chocolate lab, Cooper.  I also love to deer hunt, duck hunt, and fish.  I am from the upstate of SC and hunt all over the state. I also spend a good bit of time hunting in GA.  When I'm not carrying the boom stick to kill, I enjoy calling for others as I get just as much a thrill out of that as I do bagging my own bird. Look forward to sharing some kill pics and stories with you guys in the very near future...

Blake

"The woods are lovely, dark and deep,  
But I have promises to keep,  
And miles to go before I sleep,  
And miles to go before I sleep."

Roughneck

Glad to be back on the team can't wait for the season to start good luck to everybody. Im Neal and from Hope, Arkansas. Will hunting my home state and a few others if time permits with the new job I have now. If so it I'll be in Kansas,Oklahoma,and Louisiana

jarbo03

Quote from: Bigsho69 on February 08, 2016, 09:24:02 PM
Hey Team.  Was a free agent this year and am glad to be on the Widowmakers!  Hopefully I can live up to the team name.  I am from NE Kansas and bowhunt turkeys like a mad man.  I usually hunt a few states each year and regularly kill nice birds each year.  Last year I took one that was over 78"!!  Looking forward to another good season this year and plan to hunt Florida, Nebraska, Missouri, and Kansas.  Looking forward to be on the winning team this year.  Talk to you guys soon.

I see you're from Topeka,  I live in Eudora.   

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Charley B

Hi everyone! Glad to be part of the team once again.
Im 37 and i lay tiles for living.  I will hunt in Québec, Ontario and Maine this spring. Cant wait for the opener!
I wish you all a great season, and most of all, play safely out there!

kevin2

Glad to be back on the Widowmakers again this year after 1 year off. I've only been turkey hunting for 3 years now. I finally got a shot at my first Gobbler last fall & missed! I've been waiting to get one inside 20 yards & blew it.

I have been considering going 100% with the shotgun till I bag my first Gobbler, but not sure. We shall see!

I am going to bag my first Turkey this spring if it is the last thing I do!

BigGobbler

Hey team mates glad to be on the team. I live in central Florida so if anyone wants some pointers on the Osceola send me a pm. I have been chasing these additive birds around for a couple years and still get that gobbler fever when I hear them sing their song. Going to take some time off both jobs to chase some gobblers in Florida,Nebraska, Pennsylvania, and North Carolina this year. Good luck to everyone, Rick

Charley B

Quote from: BigGobbler on February 17, 2016, 11:31:59 PM
Hey team mates glad to be on the team. I live in central Florida so if anyone wants some pointers on the Osceola send me a pm. I have been chasing these additive birds around for a couple years and still get that gobbler fever when I hear them sing their song. Going to take some time off both jobs to chase some gobblers in Florida,Nebraska, Pennsylvania, and North Carolina this year. Good luck to everyone, Rick
Wow! Thats way cool that you will be able to hunt many states.  Its gonna be intersting following your adventures.
I guess its easier to take time off both jobs since your son mooved.  I gave him a phone call few weeks ago and he is doing pretty good in NY. 

Gobble!

Glad to be back. Names Justin and I live in Western Maryland. I'm 27 with a wife and two kids, both boys three years old and a one year old. I'm a project manager working for IBM. This will be my 12th season chasing raptors. Over the last 11 years I have only hunted in MD, 2 bird state, for all but 1 of them. Got to hunt PA once, another 2 bird state. Looks like I will only be hunting Maryland this spring. Looking for mountain birds 24 and 25 this season. Here's a couple of my favorite pics. One is last years bird, the other is the first bird I killed after the birth of my oldest son he was 4 months in this picture, and a cool pic I have of an old limb hanger.

BluMtnGobbler

Hi Guys, My name is Brian Vandergrift,I'm new to team this year. I live and hunt eastern PA' Married to a wonderful woman, 2 great kids.Been turkey hunting about 9 years and hooked big time.When not hunting I help coach youth ice hockey, help with NWTF, And dabble in call making.Looking forward to a good season and excited to be on this team. :turkey2: :turkey2: :turkey2:
BRIAN

Happy

Hey gobble, what part of western maryland are you from? Garrett co here. Can be in Pa in 10 minutes and Wv in a half hour.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Gobble!

Quote from: Happy on February 18, 2016, 09:33:30 PM
Hey gobble, what part of western maryland are you from? Garrett co here. Can be in Pa in 10 minutes and Wv in a half hour.

Just outside Cumberland. Where are you? I'm 3 minutes from WV and 20 from PA.