turkeys for tomorrow

The Strut Stoppers

Started by Thundermtn, February 07, 2016, 04:33:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dzsmith

Im not dead just so yal know. Havent posted in a minute
"For thy name's sake, O LORD, pardon mine iniquity; for it is great."

nativeks

Pulling trail cam cards tomorrow. Excited to see what has been around my place.

tonybforua

Ready for the season here in Bama, opens the 15th. Did some patterning today. Mossy 835, Jebs .660 and LB 3.5" #4s, 40 yards.

deerbasshunter3

Hopefully I will get out sometime this week and get my shotgun patterned. A few more weeks and I will be out in the woods, chasing a gobbler!

nativeks

Forgot to turn on the trail camera so no good pics. Saw a bird strutting 1.5 miles west of my house this morning.

Edit: Standing on my back deck listening to birds gobble right now. If they aren't on me, they are real damn close to my property.

Fan Club

First 70 degree day of the year in Michigan, usually don't get one of those until April.

All the snow is gone and with photo period change (longer and warmer days) the birds will be spreading out soon. The local flock, which was in my back yard several times this winter, has 29 birds in it with at least 4 gobblers. One of them is gonna wear a tag...

<-  <-  <-  <-  <-  <-  <-  <-  <-  <-  <-

"Really, it's just like a musical instrument. If I'd have spent the same amount of time practicin' the piano as I have practicin' turkey calls, I'd be as good as Liberace."  Ben Rogers Lee

Fan Club

We seem to have lost our fearless leader, he hasn't posted in this team thread since Feb 29 th and his last post anywhere on the OG board was Mar 1 st.

Anyone heard from Thundermtn ?

Our team thread in the Child Boards is untouched. We need to start a Roll Call Topic and shift this conversation over there.

I'd start one but don't wanna step on anyone's toes...

"Really, it's just like a musical instrument. If I'd have spent the same amount of time practicin' the piano as I have practicin' turkey calls, I'd be as good as Liberace."  Ben Rogers Lee

Seminoleturkey

nativeks

Laid eyes on em. They were 10 yards south of the property line. 4 gobblers a handful of jakes and a few hens. Repositioned trail cams yesterday. Have a prescribed burn planned around April 1st.

Edit watching 16 gobblers play grab  right now.

turkey harvester

maybe a pm needs to be sent.
TURKEY NUT CUSTOM STRIKERS- Jeffrey Thompson-Owner.  Kathleen,GA
Hunt with your kids, not for them.

Hunt with your kids, not for them.

deerbasshunter3

Well, got out this afternoon after work and patterned my Remington...I'd say she's ready to rock and roll a gobbler! This pattern is at 40 yards.

Dmason3

Passed a flock of 20 hens, 10 jakes and toms and then in another field a mixed bunch of 40 some birds. Really getting me fired up.  Only a month to go haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dzsmith

killed this one. not sure where to post it. the gobbler score calculator on here scored him at 56.25. 18lbs 15/16th spurs 9.75 beard
"For thy name's sake, O LORD, pardon mine iniquity; for it is great."

Dmason3

Nice bird! I'm still one week out and itching to go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk