turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

cody calls

Started by skimerhorn, February 06, 2016, 10:15:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skimerhorn

Anybody run any of the new cody calls? Been thinking of picking up a woodsman for the heck of it? Maybe in glass?

MK M GOBL

Are you looking at standard Woodsman or the Drop Dead series?

MK M GOBL

Stump.270

The woodsman is good pricey but good the holloran slates in walnut or maple for the money are no contest imo get a Paduk or persimmons one piece from him when you order and you will know what a I'm talking about

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bowguy

I had one a long time n it's killed a buncha birds.

MK M GOBL

I have had my Cody World Class Slate for over 20 years, this call is pure turkey and would not give it up for any other call. Well worth the investment IMHO.

A Woodsman runs "$55" and the Drop Dead version is " $75"

I have ended more turkeys with this call than any other!

MK M GOBL

The Woodsman

I had a Spec 1 and still have my World Class glass, I seem to use this call as my "standard" to see if a different calls sound measures up to it or not. Most do not.
Denny

PALongspur

I agree with Denny. My Spec 1 slate and glass and my World Class slate are three of the best sounding calls in my collection. Unfortunately, the prices have really gone up over the years.

I think the Woodsman slate is a tremendous value. I prefer the original over the Drop Dead version.

Chad Snyder

I wouldn't trade my World Class slate for anything .  But the new DDS woodsman slate is nice.   Made from green slate.    With the right striker it is one of the raspiest calls I've ever heard. 

idratherb

Gobbleandgrunt

I have a few. I will say that my Cody world class slate and my Cody spec 1 are great sounding calls.

Gobbleandgrunt

This is an old one, but sounds awesome. One that will never leave my collection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

greentag

i agree with the others,i think you would be happy with one.i have a woodsman slate and a very old glass call from them,i have killed quite a few over the years with them.they sound really good to me.i would love to have a world class slate,but the really high price tag has kept me from it.maybe one day ill pull the trigger on one,but i have been very happy with the 2 i have especially the woodsman slate.