North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Man it's about to happen again !!!

Started by hookedspur, February 06, 2016, 09:27:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hookedspur

Is it TURKEY SEASON yet ?

I'm extra excited this year because I'm taking my grand daughter on her first youth season.
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

Clif Owen

thenatural67

I'm Struttin and Drummin myself as well .

CRUSADERS
2016 Old Gobbler Contest Champions

snapper1982

I sure hope to get a pic of the youngin with a bird buddy!

Roost 1

5" of snow here today, makes it seem like a long ways off. I'm ready for spring.

wvmntnhick

Quote from: Roost 1 on February 14, 2016, 10:31:59 PM
5" of snow here today, makes it seem like a long ways off. I'm ready for spring.

I've hunted spring season with 5" still on the ground. Had years when you'd start calling them and the wind would change drastically then blow snow hard you couldn't have seen the bird had he flown down and landed on your gun barrel. Don't be discouraged by the snow. Embrace it.

I'm saying this as a school teacher that just found out a few hours ago that work is cancelled for the day. Looks like it's time to either load up and go coyote/fox hunting or grab the shotgun and chase some rabbits around.

Roost 1

Sounds like you have a good plan.. Enjoy your day sir and post up some pics of your success.

wvmntnhick

It was a total bust. Even the trap line was empty. That's okay though. Got today off as well so I'm taking my oldest daughter (5 y/o) to the gun shop today. Going to let her shoot her 22 for a while.