Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Roll Call

Started by hookedspur, February 06, 2016, 09:13:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vicksburg

Hey guys.  Good to see all of the familiar names.  Hope all has been good!
]

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

cmadams

Hey guys how can I go back and look at last year's team scores? I was just curious how we did? An also thanks for having me back#

anthonyjhallen

Quote from: cmadams on February 29, 2016, 12:36:19 AM
Hey guys how can I go back and look at last year's team scores? I was just curious how we did? An also thanks for having me back#

This year its going down to the wire.......
http://oldgobbler.com/Forum/index.php?topic=56192

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wvmntnhick

Wow! Did that get blown out of proportion or what? Time to buy some relaxed fit underwear. One would think the final prize was an exotic hunt or cash based on how it went. But, that's the bad in reading text. Emotion can't be spelled out.

GobbleNut

Quote from: wvmntnhick on February 29, 2016, 06:56:05 PM
Wow! Did that get blown out of proportion or what? Time to buy some relaxed fit underwear. One would think the final prize was an exotic hunt or cash based on how it went. But, that's the bad in reading text. Emotion can't be spelled out.

;D :angel9: :TooFunny:
Yeah,...as one of the primary participants in that discussion, it would be easy for someone reading it to think that I take this contest too seriously.  I can assure my fellow teammates (and every one else) that I do not. 

This is totally for fun and the enjoyment of the forum and its members.  I just think that the rules should be set up so that everybody that participates is starting on the proverbial "level playing field".  I could get really long-winded about that (as you can see I did in that thread...lol), but I will spare all of you from my ramblings about such things.
...Excuse me now,...I need to go adjust my tighty-whities....     :TooFunny:     :newmascot:
Jim

hookedspur

Quote from: GobbleNut on March 01, 2016, 08:16:25 AM
Quote from: wvmntnhick on February 29, 2016, 06:56:05 PM

;D :angel9: :TooFunny:
Yeah,...as one of the primary participants in that discussion, it would be easy for someone reading it to think that I take this contest too seriously.  I can assure my fellow teammates (and every one else) that I do not. 

This is totally for fun and the enjoyment of the forum and its members.  I just think that the rules should be set up so that everybody that participates is starting on the proverbial "level playing field".  I could get really long-winded about that (as you can see I did in that thread...lol), but I will spare all of you from my ramblings about such things.
...Excuse me now,...I need to go adjust my tighty-whities....     :TooFunny:     :newmascot:
Jim

Jim you are right !!
yes it is for fun BUT
if you sign up PLEASE follow up .Its for Fun and Pride only ,but it can create great friendships and comradery
Some of this group even hunt to gather now from meeting on this contest..
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

GobbleNut

Quote from: hookedspur on March 01, 2016, 10:13:55 AM
Some of this group even hunt to gather now from meeting on this contest..

True, Steve.  That is how Anthony and I met up,...from both of us being on this forum years ago.  Same with Quinn (Vicksburg). Anthony and I have gotten together a number of times since, including in Florida last spring.  Hopefully, sometime in the future we can all figure out a time and place we can gather up for a hunt. 

wvmntnhick

Well, I'm looking to possibly move into a new house this spring so my odds of doing any traveling for this spring is pretty much out. However, if someone wanted to try and get together a few days next spring and try to get some West Virginia public land birds, I'm in. I don't have enough access to private ground to take people but I do know where there's plenty of public land that's loaded with birds. I'd be there myself if it weren't such a drive from here. There's actually more birds there than is on the private ground I'm allowed to hunt. Not worth the drive for a one day hunt though and I'm not going down there by myself. It'd be lots of fun with a buddy though.

vicksburg

Quote from: wvmntnhick on March 01, 2016, 05:01:42 PM
Well, I'm looking to possibly move into a new house this spring so my odds of doing any traveling for this spring is pretty much out. However, if someone wanted to try and get together a few days next spring and try to get some West Virginia public land birds, I'm in. I don't have enough access to private ground to take people but I do know where there's plenty of public land that's loaded with birds. I'd be there myself if it weren't such a drive from here. There's actually more birds there than is on the private ground I'm allowed to hunt. Not worth the drive for a one day hunt though and I'm not going down there by myself. It'd be lots of fun with a buddy though.

Send me a PM with some specifics so i can look at the place and nearby towns on google earth.  I'm always up for a good road trip...
]