turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Crystal vs glass

Started by skimerhorn, February 04, 2016, 07:14:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skimerhorn

Looking to get another call and wanting a crystal or glass call. Is there a big difference between the 2? I've heard glass needs to be conditioned a lot? What would you guys recommend?

Jgarrett

Crystal is typically a little more high pitched.  I would say it is also harder top lay.  If you are a beginner then I would go with glass
John Garrett IV
The Panhandle of Florida

870BkWht

While I like glass and crystal both, I personally believe crystal is the most realistic playing surface and I would say it plays the same as glass.

By yourself a crystal mistress from David Halloran if you don't have one.

Spitten and drummen

Quote from: Jgarrett on February 04, 2016, 07:18:34 AM
Crystal is typically a little more high pitched.  I would say it is also harder top lay.  If you are a beginner then I would go with glass
I would agree with what he says. both have different sounds. my favorite pot call was a crystal until I got a glass call this year that sounds better to me. always remember though that a striker can make a good call , a great call. I have gotten calls that I thought sounded not so great with the striker it came with , tried different strikers and villa it totally comes to life. just some food for thought.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

M,Yingling

crystal is tad bit raspier and bit higher pitched ,,,, but then it all depends in what the pot wood is and builder
Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

Tailwalk

Getcha houndstooth glass!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ThunderChickenHunter21

Just ordered a zebrawood glass over glass from Mr. Glen Marrer.  Can't wait to get it. 

Gobbleandgrunt

Thunder chickenhunter21, you will love this call!!! Hope he sends the monkey wood striker... Of coarse he will

Jgarrett

You made an excellent choice!
John Garrett IV
The Panhandle of Florida