2016 Spur Collectors' Turkey Tuesday

Started by davisd9, February 02, 2016, 10:34:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trkehunr93

Double beard from a couple of seasons ago-

davisd9

Alabama bird:

Sent from the Strut Zone
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

dirt road ninja

davisd9

First and only 20 ga bird (hope to change that this season):

First bird with a trumpet:

First OOS Bird (MS with dirt road ninja):

Sent from the Strut Zone
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

dirt road ninja

An eager to die two year old.

davisd9

WNY Bowhunter

The results of many lost hours of sleep... :morning:

Not as many as some as you southern boys, but we only get a two bird spring limit here in NY...

"I'm not from New Yawk.  I'm a REDNECK from Western New York!!!"
"It's not a passion. It's an OBSESSION."

trkehunr93

NC Gobbler from 2011, fun hunt.  He had a death wish, heard him drop out of the tree and he came running.  Dropped him at 10 yards, believe it was like 6:30AM when it all went down. 

MK M GOBL

Lady friend of mine scored him as her first bird ever!

MK M GOBL

davisd9

Quote from: trkehunr93 on March 02, 2016, 08:30:15 AM
NC Gobbler from 2011, fun hunt.  He had a death wish, heard him drop out of the tree and he came running.  Dropped him at 10 yards, believe it was like 6:30AM when it all went down. 

I really need to hunt NC. The license is cheap and I can be to some WMA in 2 hrs or less. Great bird!

Sent from the Strut Zone

davisd9

First bird I entered as a Spur Collector in the contest:

A silent strutter that came in behind hens:

Sent from the Strut Zone

dirt road ninja

My first bird as a Spur Collector, killed it right underneath Donald, he was supposed to kill it.

davisd9

With Ninja's two year old this morning I decided to pay respect.

A beautiful 2 yr old from 2012:

Sent from the Strut Zone

MK M GOBL

One from last spring, and a favorite!

WNY Bowhunter

Seeing strutters here in NY already. It's getting me all fired up to get out after 'em...

"I'm not from New Yawk.  I'm a REDNECK from Western New York!!!"
"It's not a passion. It's an OBSESSION."