Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

General discussion

Started by nickhrp, February 02, 2016, 08:51:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sonofabuck

On tuesday I hunted a family farm in GA that I haven't hunted in a while.  Didn't see or hear a bird.  As a matter of fact I didn't even see the first bit of sign.  Everyone around there has a crap load of dogs now.  I heard them barking and running through the woods all morning.  The place used to be loaded!!  Seems all the dogs keep them run off now.   :'( :'(  My girl has a soccer tourny this weekend but I'm headed up to our KY lease to hunt Monday and Tuesday if the weather will cooperate. 

Illini Tom

nickhrp

You a killer Tom can't wait to see it
God Bless the Outdoors

Illini Tom

set up on a field where i heard a bunch of gobbling but couldnt get one to commit friday
had half a dozen sounding off in the woods behind me
heard em fly down, a couple soft yelps and tagged out at 602 am
second tom this year on the gooserbat double bit
multiple pix can be a pain. will get contest pix posted later today or tomorrow

turkey buster

Your on fire this year buddy! Awesome and way to go

sonofabuck

Heck of a bird!!!  Congrats!! 

cphill

Congratulations on the bird man

Gooserbat

Great job, glad the DB is working for you.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

nickhrp

Upgraded my bird was disappointed in the spur length but after a 200 yd belly crawl pursuit in a field during a thunderstorm keeping him in range using the bacon by Gooserbat only too miss him yesterday but got another crack at him in my comfy dry ground blind today using a she mobile and misfire glass call he came right in
Thanks Sam and Lee for the great calls
God Bless the Outdoors

Illini Tom

great news, nick  :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:
chooters puttin the hurt on em this year

turkey buster

nickhrp

Anybody know where I can find some Winchester supreme 3.5 2 oz 6
God Bless the Outdoors

Gooserbat

Not an upgrade but a nice bird.  Double with a couple friends in Missouri this morning about 7:45. 

Good 2 year old at 20lbs 3 oz, 10 3/4" beard and 7/8 spurs.

No weight on Casey's bird but 1 1/8 spurs and 10 1/4" beard.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Illini Tom

looking good, sam
btw, has nomo got a bird yet?

Gooserbat

A Jake that he didn't score.  He's fell in love and at the present time is basically worthless unless the little girl involved is in the picture.
NWTF Booth 1623