Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Welcome 2016 Spur Collectors

Started by davisd9, February 01, 2016, 09:18:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

davisd9

Hey guys!  Hope everyone has had a good offseason.  Been a good hunting year for me but I am so glad spring is right around the corner.  So far everyone has joined back the team except two members, one has some family obligations and their spot has been filled and I have not heard back from the other yet.

Our new member is USMC0331.  He is a great guy and turkey hunter.  I feel he is a great addition and will fit right in with us.  Please everyone introduce yourselves.

As everyone knows, I believe, my name is Donald and I am from SC.  I will be hunting SC this season.  Our season dates and limits have changed a bit, we lost a couple tags but private land can now start on March 20th across the state and we now go to May 5th.  Hoping to hit Kansas late April, be my first time hunting out of the Southeast so I hope I can close the deal on a couple.  Looking forward to getting started and hoping I can get a youth for youth weekend.  Just a month and 20 days!
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

dirt road ninja

Howdy,

I'm Russell and hail from S.E. Louisiana no birds close to my house. I will be spending most of my time in Washington County Alabama and Jefferson County Mississippi. Planning on Kansas around May 9th and going to try Texas in April if I can get an invite again. Been a rough deer season and I'm glad to see it ending next week.  Will be spending some time scouting in the next few weeks leading up to the season and hope to have a few tied to trees for the youth hunt and our opening. Might be taking my son to KS this season, but hadn't decided yet. I did take the TSS plunge this off season with great results out of both my 12 and 20. The 20 will still get some tuning, but the 935 is ready throwing a wicked pattern using 2.25 ounces of 9's. This stuff is crazy good on cardboard, after chasing numbers for years I finally found patterns that made me say "that might be a little too tight". Hope ya'll are doing well and look forward to sharing the season with the 2016 Spur Collectors.

Welcome aboard USMC0331!

USMC0331

Hello,

My name is  Shannon, I'm from Alabama but live in South Carolina. Thanks for the welcome and opportunity to be on the team. Plan to take my 8 year old son out this year for his first turkey hunt on youth day. I will be hunting SC,GA, and possibly AL. Hope to be going to FL next year. I will be scouting next week while predator hunting. Looking forward to seeing the teams turkey pictures this year and I wish all on the team a great season!!!

trkehunr93

I'm Jim from SW VA.  I'll be staying in VA to hunt unless an offer I can't refuse comes up.  Still have two tags in my pocket, killed a jake during our fall season.  Now that the snow has melted I can get to my hunting grounds and get some scouting in this weekend and hopefully blast some bushy tails while I'm at it.  My oldest son wanted to start hunting again this fall so I hope to get him out on youth day.  Good luck to everyone and welcome back!

Bustabeak

Hi everyone! I'm Josh from north west Georgia. I'll spend most of my time here in Georgia and maybe a little time in east Alabama. Glad to be on the team and hope I can contribute some birds!

bigbird

Hello team, I'm Aaron and I am from southern Indiana. I'm hunting in Kentucky and here this year and hopefully I can contribute a good bird to our team this season!

davisd9

Our team is now full and glad to have everyone back and glad to have added USMC0331. I think we are going to have a great year and I am excited to get it going!

Sent from the Strut Zone
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

WV Ridge Reaper

What happen to Drew ?

Ill be in KS,Neb and WV countin the days already

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

davisd9

Quote from: WV Ridge Reaper on February 04, 2016, 09:19:20 PM
What happen to Drew ?

Ill be in KS,Neb and WV countin the days already

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Drew is in. He will swing by.

Sent from the Strut Zone

boomer

Hello everyone. I'm Dan live in Nebraska. Will be bowhunting here in Nebraska starts March 25th until May 31st. Shotgun opens up here in mid April.

Welcome to the team USMC0331. So living in SC are you stationed at Beaufort or Parris Island? Spent my time at Beaufort.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

USMC0331

Quote from: boomer on February 04, 2016, 09:37:29 PM
Hello everyone. I'm Dan live in Nebraska. Will be bowhunting here in Nebraska starts March 25th until May 31st. Shotgun opens up here in mid April.

Welcome to the team USMC0331. So living in SC are you stationed at Beaufort or Parris Island? Spent my time at Beaufort.

Thanks! I live in Rock Hill SC now but I did spend 13 "quality" weeks in Paris Island. From their I went to Camp Lejeune in which case I was sent all over the place. I love hunting in Nebraska. Have hunted in Niobrara many times. Your weather is crazy during turkey season. My last 3 years I went there It snowed on us. Hope you have a great season!

boomer

Quote from: USMC0331 on February 04, 2016, 10:32:32 PM
Quote from: boomer on February 04, 2016, 09:37:29 PM

Thanks! I live in Rock Hill SC now but I did spend 13 "quality" weeks in Paris Island. From their I went to Camp Lejeune in which case I was sent all over the place. I love hunting in Nebraska. Have hunted in Niobrara many times. Your weather is crazy during turkey season. My last 3 years I went there It snowed on us. Hope you have a great season!

Yeah I'm glad my 13 quality weeks didn't include those darn sand fleas.
Our weather is crazy here. It was almost 50 on Saturday and then we had a blizzard on Tuesday. Good luck this season.

Turkeykiller12

Good luck to all of you. I hope this season is the best one ever for the spur collectors. I'll be keeping up with you guys this spring.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

davisd9

Quote from: Turkeykiller12 on February 08, 2016, 09:54:29 AM
Good luck to all of you. I hope this season is the best one ever for the spur collectors. I'll be keeping up with you guys this spring.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Glad to see you buddy! Remember just cause you are not an active member this year with your obligations you are still a Spur Collector, so swing by and add your input!

Sent from the Strut Zone

dirt road ninja

Let us know when you or your son kill one. Best of luck to y'all.