North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Introducing YOUR Roaring 20's lineup!

Started by FullChoke, January 31, 2016, 11:08:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FullChoke

Brethren and Cistern,

We have filled the 12 available slots for the 2016 Roaring 20's in record time so let's go ahead and start introducing ourselves.

My name is Norman Sisson and I live in Madison, MS just north of the capital city of Jackson. My wonderful wife and I have been married for almost 36 years and have raised 2 beautiful, strong and talented daughters who are out on their own. I have been chasing turkeys on and off since the spring of 1974 when I was at college at Mississippi State University. Back then, because there were not that many turkeys, no one wanted to tell anyone anything about how to hunt turkeys and certainly wouldn't tell where we could find them, so we had a rather long and frustrating learning curve. During the day I am a designer with an environmental engineering firm, and an artist at night working in graphite, acrylics, watercolors, sculpture and now digital graphics. I am a 2 time champion of the wingbone yelper division of Grand National NWTF Turkey Call Competition, but I have had to quit making them due to eyesight.

I started hunting with a 20 gauge after I won an NWTF Edition Remington 870 Express at our local banquet. I have it pretty much dialed in at this point. I will be shooting Federal FC HW 7's this year. I have had some very good patterns with them in the past. I can be found hunkered next to a tree hunting gobblers on public and private lands here in Mississippi as well as Tennesse this year.

Tell us as much about yourself as you feel comfortable revealing that doesn't directly compromise our national security.  :popcorn:

FC

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

FullChoke

:z-guntootsmiley: I am proud to present The 2016 Roaring 20's team roster.   :z-guntootsmiley:

1.   FullChoke - Captain
2.   Xarcher
3.   Jakesdad
4.   Eric Gregg
5.   CamoCutie
6.   Gophert
7.   Surehuntsalot
8.   Hooter
9.   Harleytom
10. Old Frank
11. Mightyjoeyoung
12. Mason3toes

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

old frank

Glad to be back on the team after screwing up and missing the announcement last year.

I am a former Airline Maintenance Mechanic/Supervisor who took advantage of an early retirement opportunity.

I have lived in Georgia all my adult life. I have always enjoyed the outdoors and hunted and fished.

I fished heavily in tournaments for twenty years and finally gave up the competition, sold my bass boat and now use a kayak to bass fish and really enjoy it.
I am heavily into action pistol type shooting and run an indoor match every Thursday night along with shooting in 2-3 other bigger matches every month. I mostly shoot CZ Pistols, 1911's and S&W revolvers and manage to do fairly well for an old guy. I have also been a Tradition bow shooter most of my life. Mostly longbow but I have a few recurves too.
Turkey hunting I didn't really get into until later in life, probably 15 years ago.
I am fortunate to hunt a friends 100 acre farm now and he has managed it for hunting and fishing. We have a mix of hardwoods, pines swamps and a five acre pond. We keep food plots going all year long for the wildlife and have been seeing lots of turkeys.
Long time married to an understanding wife. Three kids and four grandkids.
I have been 20ga only for the last five years and do not own a 12ga turkey gun anymore.
Looking forward to this year and wishing everyone Good Luck!

mason3toes

Thanks again for letting me join you guys this year.

My name is Adam Mason and I manage a tool and die shop full time and teach machining part time at the local community college. I am married to a good Christian woman and have 2 beautiful daughters with a boy due here at the end of May. This will be my 2nd year turkey hunting hardcore and I was lucky enough to get my Alabama limit last year with 3 of those coming off public ground. I have acquired a lease of 650 acres all to myself this year and it has a strong population on it along with a couple of other small private places also. Ill be toting a 870 compact 20 slinging TSS #9's. Once again thanks for the opportunity and I cant wait to post up some of these Alabama longbeards! Good luck

jakesdad

Glad to be back for another year!

My name is Tim and I live in a small town in NE Missouri. I work as an inspector for the city. I have been married for ten years to a wonderful woman and have 2 boys ages 9 and 6.  I hunt on several smaller farms around the area. Looking forward to getting back at it after drawing a goosegg last year for the first time in a long time. Will also be working on getting birds for both boys this year in between school and traveling baseball. Looking forward to a great year and am happy to be back on the team!

"There are turkey hunters and people who hunt turkeys.I hope I am remembered as a turkey hunter"

xarcher

It's great to be back with you all again this year.  But before I go any further, I want to thank Norm for being our Captain again this year.  We are lucky to have him and his enthusiasm. 

So my name is Jeff and I live in western PA with my wife of almost 33 years.  3 kids grown and out of the nest.  As far as turkey hunting, think about it practically all the time.  Really love the game. 

My job has taken me to many places over the years so that has allowed me to cultivate opportunities to hunt turkeys in several states.  Hope to get to AL, SC, NC this year and then wrap up the season in May in my home state of PA.  Took the 20 gage plunge a few years ago and shoot a Remy 1187 and #9 TSS.  Quite honestly, I started shooting it for the novelty, but the truth is it shoots better than any 3-1/2 inch 12 gage round and choke I have ever tried.  I grew up just like everybody else thinking that you had to carry a canon in the woods to be effective. 

To all of you, good luck this year, have some fun, learn a lesson or two, and above all, be safe. 

Guns don't kill people.  Guns kill food.

harleytom

I'm Greg. Native Mississippian that has been in exile in Alabama for 15 years. I am a pharmacist and have 4 grown children. Was fortunate enough to see my oldest son get his first bird last year in Nebraska. Have 200 acres that I will be able to hunt pretty much exclusively as well as a trip to Texas planned in late March. Have been a contributing member of another team for several years but am a recent convert to a Stoeger 3020 and plan to shoot TSS #9s this season. Have watched this team for a while and am honored to be a member and looking forward to the upcoming season.

Eric Gregg

It is great to be back on the team again this year!
I am a senior pastor at Community Church of God in Charleston, MS.
My wife and I have been married 9 yrs, and I just found out this Monday that I am going to be a dad in October!
So my year is starting off with a bang.
I am looking to bag my first bird this year, and got some great hunting grounds to chase birds on.
I have been hunting turkeys now for 8 years and love every minute of it.

Thanks for asking to be back and look forward to this year

gophert

Hello everyone.  My name is Tim and I pretty much have reserved myself to be the #1 turkey hunting camera man of my daughter, Leah (Camocutie).  She does all the killing pretty much, except for about 1 time a year she will let me kill a bird for this contest.  I've been hunting birds since I was 14 and now that I have a partner sitting next to me, I enjoy it even more.  Last year we shared a first by killing a double on opening day.

When I'm not hunting, I coach an A Level girls fastpitch team with my youngest daughter, so you can usually find me on a ball field or in the woods. 

I shoot a Weatherby SA459 with TSS.  Looking forward to the 2016 season. 

surehuntsalot

tickled to be on the team again this year
  My name is Steve and I live in Mississippi, been married to my very understanding wife for 29 years, we have 3 grown children( 2 girls,1 son) I am a jobsite supervisor for a commercial construction company. I have been chasing these birds for 35+ years, been on a slump here lately, hope to fix that this year. 
  Looking forward to the upcoming season with everyone.
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

mightyjoeyoung

Name is Don. I'm from Erie,  PA. I'm a nurse of 9 hears, but I've been a hunter for 31.  When I'm not working, I'm working on hunting and fishing.  Nothing is more fun and relaxing than being in the woods or in the layout blind.  Turkey and waterfowl are my true passions after family.  My friends tell me I get a bit...nutty around turkey season.  My response?  Happily guilty.  My father and I purchased the first two 835s ever in Erie and I've owned 7 since and every one has proven itself a true turkey slayer, but the diminutive 20 gauge  has been my go-to for the past six or seven years now.  Light, nimble and LETHAL.  Love them and I am happy to be part of the team again.  Good luck this year folks!
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.