turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Turkey Gun Picture Thread

Started by Ol'Mossy, March 29, 2011, 04:49:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Divenut2

[/quote]I like that! It ain't looks or price tags that kill critters.
[/quote]

Thanks man. That's pretty much what my dad used to say when I was a kid..... as head head shot squirrels and rabbits with that old JC Higgins 22. Still have it and it still knocking down critters.  :)
Love fishing and Deer hunting (Shotgun, Muzzleloader & Pistol). Recently became addicted to Turkey Hunting.

Tom Foolery

Old97

My favorite turkey gun is my 12ga Winchester Model 1897 made between 1905 and 1906. I really love this old gun. It patterns great and there's not too many people that still hunt with this gun. 113 years later and it's still knocking down birds.

albrubacker

The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott

davisd9

Quote from: albrubacker on May 20, 2018, 10:21:35 AM
Quote from: davisd9 on May 30, 2017, 07:41:45 AM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Is that a BPS?

Mossberg 500 20 ga

"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Turkeytider

It would appear that Mossberg and Remington (especially 870's) predominate.

YELPA

Made a couple changes to the Yildiz TK12: lower and longer eye relief scope and .680 Colonial choke.  Did fantastic at the range over the weekend with TSS.

BrowningGuy88

Quote from: YELPA on June 26, 2018, 03:10:44 PM
Made a couple changes to the Yildiz TK12: lower and longer eye relief scope and .680 Colonial choke.  Did fantastic at the range over the weekend with TSS.

Very nice.

TurkeyHunterML

835 with a Gobbling Thunder choke. Smoked this Alabama double beard at 45 yards.
Mike Lenga Calls (ML Calls)

outdoorsurveys

For you Benelli lovers...if you have just bought a Benelli and want to convert it into a first class Turkey gun, I have all the steps listed that I took to convert mine, including a video of the taking the fillers out of the barrel in the Steady Grip version.  Have fun and build your Perfect Turkey gun.  Follow my steps at Outdoorsurveys.com I have a link on my home page that will take you to how I built it.   Good hunting.

limbhanger777

SX4 and just added a turkey cantilever barrel, now trying to decide on an optic and possible choke upgrade.

Brighthd

I rebuilt my original 835 goose gun into a custom turkey gun based on the ideas i got from this forum and some research on line.  I started with an Briley .665 choke, ATI stock, then added a base and Tru Glo Gobbler Dot sight, then did a trigger job with new tactical spring kit and a tactical safety rebuild.  I took my first two birds with it last season both at 35 yards.  I am hoping others will re-purpose their older shotguns like this and get the enjoyment I have.  This was all around $150.

This year I am going to go with a .675 ported choke, and maybe do a rattle can paint job.  I bought a trigger stick as well.

limbhanger777

My new Winchester SX4 is finally coming together. Added a turkey cantilever barrel, a Leupold NWTF scope and a JEBs HeadHunter .650

DKG

This will be my designated turkey rig.
NEF 20 gauge
Barrel shortened to 22"
Threaded for Remchoke
D&T for a scope base
Bushnell trophy 1x28
(Not pictured) Carlson's extended .575 tube
Going to Camo paint it when I have a nice day as well

schief

My latest addition. :turkey2: Stevens 301T. Got a Nikon red dot and Jebs choke on it