OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Please pray for my friend

Started by Double B, January 24, 2016, 10:24:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Double B

Please pray for my friend Jim.  He has been diagnosed with terminal cancer and is near death.   A mutual work buddy told me about him before Christmas and I was going to call him.  Holidays have a way of taking up a lot of our time and I didn't get it done.  Although we live in different states, at work meetings we just clicked and over the years would talk semi regularly on the phone and catch up.  He is a straight shooter with a good heart,  never met a stranger.   Not a turkey hunter but has his own issues, he's a golfer. 

My work buddy called me Thursday and said he stopped by to see Jim.   He asked me if I called him.  I had to admit I hadn't.  After 20 minutes of thinking of what am I going to lead in with  I called him and it lifted his spirits but it did the same for me and has opened me up and helped me realize some things about myself.  I was talking to a prepared Christian.   I ask that you will pray for him to stay strong and not suffer.  Pray for his wife too and they have been through previous tough family times together.   We discussed many things on our phone call and it was like we were back at a work break over coffee.  He quoted Hebrews 5:8 and told me that Jesus  learned obedience from what he suffered.  He is prepared but needs our prayers.

Old School- when you posted about your prayer request,  I prayed for you and yours.   After talking to my friend I am praying a whole new way!  This forum has been a great find for me and I have seen some cool posts, thank you all and please pray for Jim and his family.   
Followed by buzzards

OldSchool

I'm sorry to hear about your friend Jim, Double B.  I said a prayer for Jim, his family and friends.  I've lost several friends and family members to cancer over the years and It's a terrible thing, to say the least. I'll keep you all in my prayers. :jesus-cross:

Bob

Call 'em close, It's the most fun you'll ever have doing the right thing.

Double B

Thanks Bob, I talked to my buddy that lives close to him and he said he is hanging in there.   He had the same experience I did when he stopped to see him in person.  Incredible attitude and faith.  It puts everything in perspective.  Thank you all. 
Followed by buzzards

misfire

My prayers are sent for Jim and his family Brian.
Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net

OldSchool

Continuing in prayer for Jim, his family and friends.

Bob

OldSchool

Still in prayer and thinking of you all here in NY, Brian.

Bob