turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

new choke out for 2016 what a pattern

Started by deadshot, January 14, 2016, 09:39:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deadshot

There's a new choke out from a company called wildside armory i saw it on fb and they shot it agaist a rhino choke there's no comparison it smoked the rhino. Anyone ever heard of it

Gobble!

Guessing you work for them? Why not just tell us about more about it?
Can't read the detail on the pictures either.

hs strut

so i did a little research on these choke tubes you mentioned.i also saw where they had a guy by the name of  doug borries use your chokes. i watched his videos on the choke and i noticed he is claiming 60-82 yd shots.im not saying the choke wont work at 40 yds or so but i dont think i would use him for advertising my choke.alot of people in turkey world frown upon that sorta thing
may god bless the ethical and responsible hunters and to everybody kill a big one.  jerry

dirt road ninja

i posted a link to the YouTube, but didn't want it associated with me so I modified/removed it.

Not good.

:popcorn:

OldSchool

They'll probably make a fortune on them, but personally I like my birds a little closer. 50-60 yards closer.

Bob
Call 'em close, It's the most fun you'll ever have doing the right thing.

OldSchool

Quote from: dirt road ninja on January 15, 2016, 05:37:48 PM
i posted a link to the YouTube, but didn't want it associated with me so I modified/removed it.

Not good.

:popcorn:

I watched it and I can't say that I blame you.

Bob

hs strut

maybe im wrong but it seems turkey hunting is turning into something more along the lines of turkey shooting.what happened to trying to get a weary old tom in close.
may god bless the ethical and responsible hunters and to everybody kill a big one.  jerry

deadshot

Thanks for the feed back and gobble i dont work for the although it would be Lot better than my job i bet. I agree with you all on the distance thing but if they make one for a 30 yrd shot that holds that tight of a pattern im all in. On there fb the restriction was a 680 im assuming thats a 10 guage gun and they referred to nitro thats gotta be the ammo if so thats  pricey ammunition, but if it works that well ill use it.

surehuntsalot

Quote from: hs strut on January 15, 2016, 06:31:14 PM
maybe im wrong but it seems turkey hunting is turning into something more along the lines of turkey shooting.what happened to trying to get a weary old tom in close.

most of them don't know how to do that
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

darn2ten

Quote from: hs strut on January 15, 2016, 06:31:14 PM
I agree with this 100%. Lots of turkey snipers out there nowadays.

OldSchool

deadshot, I hope you didn't take my posts personally. You didn't say you endorsed long range shots at turkeys, you just asked about a choke.

And :welcomeOG:

I watched and commented on the video online, but my comments disappeared soon after.

Bob

dirt road ninja

Quote from: OldSchool on January 20, 2016, 11:04:34 AM
deadshot, I hope you didn't take my posts personally. You didn't say you endorsed long range shots at turkeys, you just asked about a choke.

And :welcomeOG:

I watched and commented on the video online, but my comments disappeared soon after.

Bob

Same here.

I've got no problem at all with people shooting at birds within the limits of their equipment and abilities, but the video showed what I considered flock shooting and gave the impression that all you have to do is buy this choke and magically your gun is a 60 yard killer, when the truth of the matter is it will turn a perfectly good tom into coyote food. My problem is with the video.

trackerbucky

I don't know about the choke, but I need to know what call he uses.  Whatever it is it must absolutely REPEL turkeys.  Seems like he can't get a turkey in closer than 60 yards.
:funnyturkey:
I love golf.  It keeps a lot of people out of the turkey woods.

turkeywhisperer935

That is an art some people can't or don't want to take the time to master. Myself I want to get him in at least 40 yds. I've only ever shot one past that and I'd hunted him for years and it was my last hunt of the season. I don't recommend shots past 45 yds at all. I did kill that Tom with nitro's and a jellyhead out of my 935. Don't know how far but honestly it was too far. I'll never do it again.

OldSchool

when I was young and foolish, I shot at a couple birds that were beyond the range of my gun. I had zero experience with turkeys, they were big and appeared to be closer than they were to a kid with sweat pouring into both eyes and trying to re swollow his heart.

I vowed not to do it again. I practiced with my calls and worked on estimating yardage. As I gained more experience I started to realise the closer I let the birds come, the more I got out of the experience. 30 yards is fun, at 20 things start to get real interesting and at 10 or less, It's about all the excitement I can stand these days. ;D

It's just my opinion and we all see things differently, but I want my birds close. If I can't talk him into 30 or preferably less, I'll hunt him again tomorrow. It's a win win situation the way I look at it. It's human nature to push the envelope, but why take the chance of crippling a bird at ridiculous ranges when the real fun lies in getting them up close and personal. :z-twocents:

Bob