OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Something new...

Started by pappy, January 13, 2016, 12:34:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pappy

I got a pm from one of the members here about enlarging the inside diameter of the tube call, where the latex is applied.......won't divulge the exact dimensions but it is considerably different....so I took one of the gulps and converted it. This one is made from some stabilized Silky Oak that i did in black with green tinting...with an African Blackwood lip rest ..the reed is .005" in yellow and I utilized three oring grooves...the lower you place the oring the more rasp you get....if you leave three on it you can kee-kee like a pro....
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

paboxcall

Looks like a killer design!   :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:
"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

idratherb

mgm1955

pappy

Quote from: idratherb on January 14, 2016, 01:40:06 PM
any sound file?
would love to but it is gone in the mail to West Virginia ...
tel...573-380-8206

bbcustomboxcalls

Jacobson

pappy

Just though I would let you all know the second one of these in persimmon hit the road and the new owner is singing praises.....I think it is gonna work!!!!
tel...573-380-8206

Kates

I got this call yesterday and it's really three calls in one.  Just by removing the O rings, you can get a full range of sounds.  I normally change latex on a tube for different sound variations but I can do high pitch kee kees, to gobbler yelps and gobbles just by adding/removing O rings.  Its definitely in a class by itself.

Robert Bailey

southern_leo

Quote from: pappy on January 27, 2016, 05:40:47 PM
Just though I would let you all know the second one of these in persimmon hit the road and the new owner is singing praises.....I think it is gonna work!!!!
Pappy, are you going to be at the convention?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

pappy

nope, not going to Nashville this year.....
tel...573-380-8206