OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Truglo opinions

Started by southern_leo, January 08, 2016, 12:10:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

super mag

I have an 870 super mag sp turkey 21 in barrel with indian creek .665.  I shoot mag blend 5-6-7. the gun is 4yr old, when I first started with heavi shot #6 I was getting 130 at 40yd with 3in shell. second yr deep cleaned and went to blend count went up. Last yr #4 after 3 deep cleanings I am up to 221 at 40 in 10in circle, so be sure to deep clean barrel.  I have a tru-glo gobble stopper with no complaints. The tru-glo red dot that came on gun lasted 1 season would not take the pounding. Tru glow replaced it with difference in price of the scopes. The gobble stop has preformed well the last 3 yr. no complaints. I just shoot 3in shells my old bones cant handel 3.5.  hope the info helps.

ElkTurkMan

I have a tru glo gobble stopper on my 870, and I started using it in 2010, and it has never lossed it's zero. I shot it last Saturday to make sure it's still good for the upcoming season and it was.  I highly recommend it.  I shoot 3" 2oz Hevi-13 #6's.

Dr Juice

Quote from: MK M GOBL on January 14, 2016, 07:47:50 PM
Have been hunting with a scope for better than 20 years and would not give it up for anything, I have seen way too many misses due to not being on the bird "right"... Only issue I have had is when I borrowed another buddies turkey gun and it had a "lighted" sight and at the wrong time the battery went dead... missed opportunity. I use a "traditional" scope designed for turkey hunting, was able to adjust my pattern to hit on target up close, range the distance to the bird and has been a blessing with the new and youth hunters I take out. Now if I could find a "Turkey Scope" that had the added feature of lighting up my traditional crosshairs when I wanted that would be the deal.

MK M GOBL

Well stated, X2