OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Truglo opinions  (Read 10228 times)

Offline super mag

Re: Truglo opinions
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2016, 03:19:01 PM »
I have an 870 super mag sp turkey 21 in barrel with indian creek .665.  I shoot mag blend 5-6-7. the gun is 4yr old, when I first started with heavi shot #6 I was getting 130 at 40yd with 3in shell. second yr deep cleaned and went to blend count went up. Last yr #4 after 3 deep cleanings I am up to 221 at 40 in 10in circle, so be sure to deep clean barrel.  I have a tru-glo gobble stopper with no complaints. The tru-glo red dot that came on gun lasted 1 season would not take the pounding. Tru glow replaced it with difference in price of the scopes. The gobble stop has preformed well the last 3 yr. no complaints. I just shoot 3in shells my old bones cant handel 3.5.  hope the info helps.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2016, 04:22:20 PM by super mag »

Online ElkTurkMan

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2016, 07:38:31 AM »
I have a tru glo gobble stopper on my 870, and I started using it in 2010, and it has never lossed it's zero. I shot it last Saturday to make sure it's still good for the upcoming season and it was.  I highly recommend it.  I shoot 3" 2oz Hevi-13 #6's.

Offline Dr Juice

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2016, 07:22:42 PM »
Have been hunting with a scope for better than 20 years and would not give it up for anything, I have seen way too many misses due to not being on the bird "right"... Only issue I have had is when I borrowed another buddies turkey gun and it had a "lighted" sight and at the wrong time the battery went dead... missed opportunity. I use a "traditional" scope designed for turkey hunting, was able to adjust my pattern to hit on target up close, range the distance to the bird and has been a blessing with the new and youth hunters I take out. Now if I could find a "Turkey Scope" that had the added feature of lighting up my traditional crosshairs when I wanted that would be the deal.

MK M GOBL

Well stated, X2