OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Tiny Blessings  (Read 1931 times)

Offline mac295

Tiny Blessings
« on: December 25, 2015, 11:37:20 AM »
My 4 year old grand daughter was recently diagnosed with RRP, and we've learned that she will be having multiple surgeries to prevent it from spreading into her lungs and turning into lung cancer. With medical expenses piling up, I decided to fill all my deer tags to put meat on the table and in their freezer. Yesterday evening while sitting and sweating in my box stand, watching the rain and fighting mosquitoes, a yearling walked out at about 60 yards right at the end of shooting hours. Boom, deer down. When I walked up to it, I found a young spike and was immediately disgusted with myself. While dressing the deer I began to think of the blessing God had given to me. That made me feel 10 times worse. For being mad at myself and not seeing this as the blessing God had in store for me, was like thumbing my nose at a gift. I wish all of you a Merry Christmas. Remember that even the smallest gift you receive this morning might fulfill your greatest need tomorrow. God bless you and yours.

Offline BOFF

• Paintbrush Beard
Re: Tiny Blessings
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2015, 11:58:05 AM »
Sorry to read of your granddaughter.
Great insight to the many things we often take for granted, especially the smaller (in our eyes) Blessings.

God Bless,
David B.

Offline OldSchool

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2016, 09:51:53 AM »
Prayers sent for your Granddaughter and your family mac. And thank you for the reminder.

Bob
Call 'em close, It's the most fun you'll ever have doing the right thing.

Offline misfire

• Double Beard
    • Misfire Game Calls, custom duck and turkey calls
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2016, 10:47:32 AM »
My prayers for her and the doctors.
Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net