OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: WTB: Custom Drop Point Fixed Knife  (Read 2556 times)

Offline maustypsu

• The Boss Gobbler
  • Dyin' ain't much of a livin'.
WTB: Custom Drop Point Fixed Knife
« on: December 09, 2015, 07:14:58 PM »
I'd like to buy a nice custom (most guys wouldn't use it in the field) drop point knife.  I want it to be top of the line.  Crazy cool steel.  Unique but highly functional handle.

Ideally it would come with a nice matching leather sheath.  Or someone here could coordinate with the knife maker to make one.

If we work out a deal, I would gladly buy the steel or other materials in advance.  And I'm willing to pay top dollar for your labor if your labor is top quality.

I shot a doe on Saturday and finally said "this is enough".  I spend way to much on gadgets and gizmos and stuff I never use.  Why not put next year's "useless spending budget" into a knife to last my life.

I've bought so many great custom items (squirrel calls to turkey calls) here that I wanted to give OG the first shot. 

Offline Capt. Randy

Re: WTB: Custom Drop Point Fixed Knif
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2015, 08:48:37 PM »
Check out backwoods customs. The guy's name is Bill he is out of Ohio. I think Ironton. He builds beautiful knives in Damascus. He gets the most beautiful scales for his handles. Stuff like stabilized spalted maple and other stuff. I have one of his in Damascus. He has really sharp leather sheaths with the knives.

Offline callmakerman

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Double Beard
Re: WTB: Custom Drop Point Fixed Knife
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2015, 05:28:30 PM »
Check out Bob Dozier Knives at dozierknives.com  Great knives at a really good price and best of all built to last.

Offline maustypsu

• The Boss Gobbler
Re: WTB: Custom Drop Point Fixed Knif
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2015, 02:09:03 PM »
Check out backwoods customs. The guy's name is Bill he is out of Ohio. I think Ironton. He builds beautiful knives in Damascus. He gets the most beautiful scales for his handles. Stuff like stabilized spalted maple and other stuff. I have one of his in Damascus. He has really sharp leather sheaths with the knives.

Thanks.  I can find his knives for sale on other sites.  But I can't find him.  I would visit him and place a special order if I can find him.  Plus, then he can keep the price rather than sell thru another.  I will keep digging. 

Offline maustypsu

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2015, 02:10:31 PM »
Check out Bob Dozier Knives at dozierknives.com  Great knives at a really good price and best of all built to last.

Thank you.  They look like nice knives. 

I don't like they don't mention their blade steel for most of the knives.  And I'm looking for a place with a matching leather sheath vs the Kydex.   

Offline callmakerman

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Double Beard
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2015, 10:19:31 PM »
Bob uses D2 for the steel on his blades. I also thought he had custom leather sheaths. Give them a call or email and ask. Can't hurt.

Offline maustypsu

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2016, 12:09:09 PM »
If you aren't going to use it, sell me yours!   Haha. 

Yeah, I checked it out.  Looks like an option. 

Online Terry

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2016, 02:35:50 PM »
Check out David Winston

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Online Terry

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2016, 02:37:51 PM »
Also, take a look at Arno Bernard knives. He uses some awesome materials for his handles

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk