OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: NEF 10 Pistol Grip or Thumbhole  (Read 3979 times)

Offline TRex18

NEF 10 Pistol Grip or Thumbhole
« on: November 19, 2015, 10:13:17 AM »
Does anyone know where to find one of these for a NEF 10 Single shot.

Pistol Grip or Thumbhole.....I saw them  on boyds and midway but not sure if they will fit a 10 receiver.

Also thumbhole do you think it would be to much recoil in a 10 on the thumb? Thanks

Tye

Offline Mowoodsman

Re: NEF 10 Pistol Grip or Thumbhole
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2015, 04:01:33 PM »
Not sure.  Ask a gunsmith, they should be able to tell you.
Lord, keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth.

Offline tha bugman

• Paintbrush Beard
NEF 10 Pistol Grip or Thumbhole
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2016, 05:34:43 AM »
I need something...I shot mine for the first time this weekend.  I don't know what all the fuss is about.  Recoil seemed minimal...the gun kept jumping quite a bit so I could see where a thumb hole would be better 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline HoutzNWTF

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2016, 02:51:57 AM »
I am pretty sure the replacement stocks and forends for the 12 gauge ultra slug hunter will fit the 10 gauge guns because they have big bull barrels as well.

Offline HoutzNWTF

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2017, 08:40:09 PM »
I know this is a really old post and I have no idea if you ever found what you are looking for or not but if not... the Handi-Grip stock from NEF fits the 10 gauge reciever perfectly. It takes a lot of weight away from the gun. The forearm does not fit the big heavy barrel but it can be modified to fit.

Offline TRex18

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2017, 08:47:06 AM »
Wonder what the kick is gonna be like with my mag blends......I will check it out.....the handi grip stock.....

Thanks.

Offline TRex18

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2017, 07:57:39 AM »
Did you shoot it yet?

Offline HoutzNWTF

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2017, 09:02:19 AM »
Yes, yes I did....   with ordinary ole Winchester copper plated lead #5s. The gun is much lighter and more pleasant to carry but the felt recoil is definitely increased. It is not too bad on the shoulder because the handi-grip stock has a decent pad on it but it jumps upward and hits my cheekbone now! It isn't horrible, definitely not the hardest kicking shotgun I have ever shot. I shot it twice and it did not leave any bruises or give me a black eye so it isn't anything I can't live with. I will try it with the factory wood forearm and see if that helps any. Also may go ahead and get a thumbhole stock and forearm set from Boyds just to give it a whirl.

Offline TRex18

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2017, 10:22:06 AM »
Thats great news......I'm still hesistant to buy it .....I rip those mag blends.....2 3/8oz....they are some hitter.....I"m worried about taking to much weight out of the gun....I'm 6'3 245....so i gennerally absorb most of the recoil and yes there are usually bruises after sighting in.