turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Tree Yelper

Started by hunter22, November 07, 2015, 05:46:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hunter22

Here is a Black & White Ebony tree yelper with a hen bone mouthpiece I recently got from Lon Trice. Lon and Brian Johnson are making these together. I think Lon is doing the turning and Brian doing the tuning. I like this one a lot.

Will

That is a nice looking yelper!

davisd9

Looks great Mr. Rickey!

Sent from the Strut Zone
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

M Sharpe

Nice looking little call Rickey!!
I'm not a Christian because I'm strong and have it all together. I'm a Christian because I'm weak and admit I need a Saviour!

mgm1955

A real beauty Rickey!! How's she sound?

callmakerman

drenalinld

This little call sure sounds good. Ready to hear it in person.

silverspur

Longbeards / Sharp Spurs

Paladin85

Do you think it produces more realistic tree yelps than a "regular" trumpet call can produce? I've seen pics of these styles of tree yelpers from Lonzo, Buice, et al. and wondered if they were truly that unique in sound.

Trumpetyelper

I'm not speaking for Rickey, but in my opinion there is nothing unique or special about the sound (not speaking for this particular call because I haven't heard it).  If you have a good trumpet you should be able to make all the calls needed to kill a bird. I own several Tree Yelpers mainly because in my opinion they look really cool.  Most of my Tree Yelpers are harder to control the sound than a well made trumpet.  Just my 2 cents. 

Awesome Call :drool:

hunter22

Probably not unique in sound from other trumpets but I can control the air flow better in this one and run it real soft. Not sure if it is due to its design or the hen bone mouthpiece. I also have a tree yelper from Billy Buice and it has a jake bone and plays a lot louder. But again, it may be just the way I am running it.