OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

How did you guys do this fall?

Started by sulpher turk, November 05, 2015, 06:18:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Uncle Nicky

I've had a decent season so far.

I picked up a dropper pup last winter (Maizy), spent most of the summer training her. She's coming along well, been in on a number of breaks. She watched a bird get killed in NY (I missed on one also). She was in on the bust to kill the bird in the picture (hunted with the same guy as silverspur that day) in PA. We are also trying to fill tags in Virginia, their season ends late January.

crow

sulpher turk

Dogs make the world a better place.

greentag

had a great season so far and still have til the middle of january with a bow,i was off work for thanksgiving so i took advantage and went turkey hunting,thanksgiving day killed a hen with my crossbow by 9:oo,we can only kill one a day,so the next morning went and killed another,went the third morning and decided i would pass any unless it was a mature gobbler,was in the woods all day and finally at 4:00 in the evening had 5 mature gobblers come in to 25 yards,i picked out one and sent a black eagle arrow from my excaliber crossbow,it didnt go 10 yards he weighed 19 pounds and had 1"1/8  spurs but only an 8 and 1/2 inch beard.i had a great three days and here in ky we can kill all 4 of our fall birds with a bow or crossbow so i still have one more to try to get,maybe i will get another while im off for christmas.i have really started to enjoy fall hunting with my crossbow almost as good as spring.