OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: 10 Gauge Single Shot  (Read 4372 times)

Offline tha bugman

• Paintbrush Beard
10 Gauge Single Shot
« on: September 16, 2015, 01:58:38 PM »
Any suggestions on chokes and loads?  Also would it be possible to mount an adjustable sight (tru glo muzzleloader?) to the barrel?

Offline deadbuck

• The Boss Gobbler
Re: 10 Gauge Single Shot
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2015, 04:26:15 PM »
What length barrel and is it fixed full choke or threaded?

Offline tha bugman

• Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2015, 12:59:17 PM »
24" barrel it is threaded for chokes

Offline Mowoodsman

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2015, 03:17:05 PM »
I use a Hastings ported .695 in my browning.  A lot of guys talk about Jeb's being real good but I haven't tried them yet. 
Lord, keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth.

Offline HoutzNWTF

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2015, 10:14:13 PM »
I use an Indian Creek .690 in my single shot with Hevi-Shot Mag Blends and it does well. A Kicks Gobbling Thunder .690 with Federal Heavyweight 7s works well also. I am looking into putting an adjustable sight on mine as well... no dice yet.

Offline deadbuck

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2015, 08:38:28 PM »
Mine has a 32 inch tube and I run a sumtoy .685  . Puts 210+- in a 10 inch circle at 40 yards with the Fed Heavyweight 7's. This shell will crush a tom!

Offline redmag

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2015, 09:10:20 PM »
I had a 10 ga. NEF Pardner with a Kick's .690 choke and I shot Nitro Company's shells.  Honestly, I think it shot too tight but it was a bird slayer.  Unfortunately, I developed a flinch as the thing began to eat me up.  Sold it after about 5 yrs. of use.

Offline nickp

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2015, 01:06:02 PM »
I have an older Comp-N-Choke and it shoots the Fed 7's and mag blend very well.  I but that Sumtoy would be wicked good. 

Offline tha bugman

• Paintbrush Beard
10 Gauge Single Shot
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2016, 05:38:58 AM »

I use an Indian Creek .690 in my single shot with Hevi-Shot Mag Blends and it does well. A Kicks Gobbling Thunder .690 with Federal Heavyweight 7s works well also. I am looking into putting an adjustable sight on mine as well... no dice yet.
. Let me know what you find out about the sights.  I am going to ask my gunsmith what he thinks this week.  That little brass bead may be hard to see on certain days.  If anything I may put a hiviz replacement bead

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline HoutzNWTF

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2016, 02:46:41 AM »
I still haven't gotten much of anything figured out yet. That Hi-viz replacement bead is a good idea that I am interested in.... if they make one the same size thread as the factory gold bead. From what I have read online, the thread of the bead is a very uncommon size and it may be neccesary to re-tap the hole. I have two of these single shot 10s so I will probably opt for a replacement fiber optic bead on one and put a red dot sight on the other. The guns are drilled and tapped and I bought the Weaver bases that fit the big barrels. Just need the sight