turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

New to forum. Question on replacement reeds

Started by Grago, August 31, 2015, 02:48:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grago

Like to say hi to everyone.     Have a question. I been using. Knight and Hale tube since the mid 70's.   used to just get reeds from them when I drove by.    Used to use the older white ones.  Nowadays the ones I use are yellow. I read on a post here that they are the yellow Thera band.  Shipping had gotten so high,  just gonna get a good supply of it.   If that is what they are.  Also what is their thickness I'm thinking around a .004. But not sure thanks

Grago

Well since no one else seems to know I will answer my own question,  yes it is the same thing. Just bought some and put it on some calls. Sounds great

pappy

Traffic on here is a little slow, but you are right about the yellow theraband materials. But, you need to be careful and measure for a sure thing if you are looking for the .004" thickness, because I have bought lots of the yellow as it is what I use in my Killer Kegs, but sometimes what you get is .006" and .005" in the yellow ... and there are other avenues in getting the material at .004" just do a google search and you will find other places but not as cheap as Theraband for the amount you get. Happy hunting....pappy
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

Grago

Thanks Pappy. I haven't had a chance to measure it.      It worked good tho   I liked the old white ones the best.    If I make a small slit on the sides I can get  the rasp I want with. This. Wouldn't mind having a little thiner. I can purr a lot better on the thinner ones better.   I might get one of your calls closer. To season.  I have used tubes for years. And have killed a lot of turkeys with them   Once a person learns to tune them to their style of calling   Pure death on gobblers in my opinion

pappy

I agree not too many are using them, but when they do and become consistent they are Killers....if you are looking for the thinner white check out Brookside Calls I think they have some in white
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

Grago

I will thanks. Is there somewhere to get a true .004. In yellow also. This I have is fine but I would like to try some different.  Might find something I like better