OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Back Home  (Read 2287 times)

Offline hunter22

• In Memorial
  • Long Spur Gobbler
Back Home
« on: August 28, 2015, 06:09:31 PM »
Here are a few calls I had stored and just sent back where they belonged. They are going home to my buddy Bruce Argetsinger, formerly augiedog55 on here. I kept them in a safe place for him until he whipped his little problem. I wish I could have bought all of his calls when he got sick but I would have had to have taken out a mortgage on the house. But I did buy these from him. I sold his calls on here a couple years ago. He had no idea if he would ever be able to use a turkey call again. He had an awesome collection and a lot of you guys got some of them. But these should serve him well in the future. I can't wait to hear him run them next spring in Wyoming/South Dakota on our Merriam's hunts. L to R: Ralph Snodgrass longbox, Ed Terefencko matched set, Don & Sarah Clark longbox, and Lamar Williams longbox.

Offline West Augusta

• Long Spur Gobbler
  • West By God Virginia
Re: Back Home
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2015, 06:35:29 PM »
That's a great set of calls and with all that Bruce has been through it's a pure miracle that he can and still want's to turkey hunt.
Great gesture Rickey.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

Offline firedup

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2015, 08:05:41 PM »
Spot on Rickey!  Given the history and Bruce's battles it is amazing that he is still with us and up for some hunting.  On top of that you had faith in your ole buddy to pull thru and kept some of his calls for him.....outstanding!!! :you_rock:

Offline mgm1955

• Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2015, 08:42:37 PM »
Great story!

Offline SS Calls

• 2023 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Double Beard
  • Southwest Virginia
    • SS Custom Calls
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2015, 08:59:26 PM »
 That's awesome Rickey, some great calls. Best of all Bruce is gonna be enjoying them in the turkey woods!!

Offline mwr

• 2023 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2015, 04:45:17 PM »
That's great!!